n.y. descendants of francesco landino and maria bonarrigo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

n.y. descendants of francesco landino and maria bonarrigo

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i'm looking for anyone connected to this family line.they were the adoptive parents of my paternal grandmother,maria costante,who was born in barcellona pg messina in 1883"ignoti genitori".let me clarify.maria bonarrigo(b.gualtieri sicamino messina in 1847)was my grandmothers wetnurse and caregiver,applying to the civil registrar to be the legal guardian,and giving my grandmother the surname costante.francesco landino(b.palermo in 1851)was maria's husband.francesco and maria had 2 natural children that i know of-salvatore,born in 1872,and mattia,born in 1880,both in barcellona pg.virtually nothing is known about francesco after this time.maria bonarrigo came to boston with my grandmother in 1902 and died 1 week later,survived by her husband francesco,according to the death record,and who did not accompany them to boston.first off,i need to find the marriage record for francesco and maria.not found in palermo,gualtieri sicamino,or barcellona pg.probably occurred between 1867 and 1872.i searched several other comuni as well,with no results.secondly,i need to find the death record for francesco-and this is more difficult,as all i know is that he died after maria,his wife.after 1902.most likely not in the usa(son salvatore resided in new york after a brief residence in boston),as i found nothing in boston,where wife maria immigrated to,or new york,where his son lived.most likely in palermo or messina.but when and where?this search can only be completed by someone from this family line,descended through son salvatore,who died in new york in 1937.i have many of the original documents(francesco landino and maria bonarrigo's birth records,son salvatore's birth record and his military and death record,daughter mattia's birth record,maria bonarrigo's death record,as well as my grandmother's birth record)yet nothing to help locate the marriage and death records i'm searching for.if anyone out there has any relation to this family,most likely family members would be in the new york area,and not to be confused with the landino family in connecticut,who i believe originated in the naples area.2 totally different families.after 15 years of a very difficult search,there are no further options other than connecting with actual descendants of this couple,and who may have records pertaining to their marriage and francesco's death.i'm beyond longshot guesswork and suggestions unfortunately.now i need the hard facts.please contact me if this is you.thanks very much!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: n.y. descendants of francesco landino and maria bonarrig

Post by adelfio »

Did you ever see this 1879 birth record of Salvatora Landino from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto Did you go through the births of Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto 1876 1877 with no indexes?
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
record-image (390).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Re: n.y. descendants of francesco landino and maria bonarrig

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

could be another child of francesco landino and maria bonarrigo.never saw this.as far as i know,after searching the birth records in barcellona pg from the late 1860s to the late 1880s,all i've found are son salvatore(1872)and mattia(1880 and last name also spelled laudani,a misspelling of landino i'm guessing).salvatora is probably the feminine version of salvatore.francesco's father was salvatore.but the normal naming pattern would be first male,after paternal grandfather(salvatore in 1872)first daughter after paternal grandmother(francesco's mother was rosalia,so that would have been his first daughter)second son after maternal grandfather(if there were a second son,he would have been named domenico after maria bonarrigo's father)and second daughter after maternal grandmother(mattia,born in 1880,was probably named after maria's mother).this birth record is very similiar to my grandmothers(maria costante in 1883).the child presented to the civil office by a wetnurse.i even recognize the names of some of the witnesses.who knows.even if it is another child of francesco and maria(francesco appears as a very shadowy and elusive figure.in 1880,at the birth of his daughter,mattia,its stated that his whereabouts are unknown),theres still nothing in these records that would reveal the dates and places of the marriage(i'm starting to wonder if there even was a marriage between maria bonarrigo and this elusive man)or the death of the elusive francesco.even my grandmother gave numerous references to her father,but was consistent in her naming maria bonarrigo as her"mother".in 1903,at my grandmothers first marrige,she gave her surname as"dignoti"not naming her father.in 1905,at her second marriage,she gave his name as francesco costante,using her given surname at birth.at her later marriage to my grandfather,antonio ricco,she gives his name as antonio costante!so much inconsistency!and the search for the truth continues.ps:wish i could decipher the margin notes.whats also odd is that there would be such a gap between children.assuming francesco and maria married not long before oldest child salvatores birth in 1872(francesco was only 20 then),theres a gap of 8 years until the next birth,mattia,in 1880.thats a long time.must have been other births in between.but like i said,i checked the barcellona pg registers thoroughly between the late 1860s and late 1880s.nothing.unless they had other children born elsewhere.