Fasano, Nichola and Anna Petito

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Virginia
Rookie
Rookie

Fasano, Nichola and Anna Petito

Post by Virginia »

Hoping to find the parents of Nichola Fasano and his wife, Anna Petito.

I have the Ellis Island Immigration records for the arrival of
Nichola Fasano
S. Angelo Lombardi, Italy 1909 42 Arrived; Feb 2, 1909. Calabria. Naples. 0028
Last address: wife Anna Petito S. Angelo Lombardi, Italy
Destination: mother-in-law Castellano Guiseppa
53 Canon Street. Brooklyn

In 1913 the rest of his family arrived:
Ship:Italia. Departed: Naples Port:Campania, Italy Feb 13, 1913
Manifest Line Number 0005

Arrived: New York March 2, 1913

Anna Petito 44 [1869] Scar on right eye. last address: Brother, Franciscan Luis? (difficult to decipher as all written together as one word)
Husband paid for passage. $50 in possession
Husband Fasano, Nicola
56 S. Edward St. Brooklyn

Maria Fasano 16 [1897]

Guiseppe 14 [1899] Lined out. Might not have come or may have been deported.
Antonio 12 [1901]

Carmela 8 [1905]
==========
The previous year Nov 1912 this same family was listed, but then crossed out. Everything else was the same.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Fasano, Nichola and Anna Petito

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Antonio Fasano
INDEX#16
1900 Jan 13th in the town of Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi in a house on via Pisciarelli birth of Antonio Fasano son of Nicola Fasano age 34 (son of Giovanni) and Anna Petito
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348692201

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Here's a birth record which I believe is for your Nicola. Hopefully someone can help you with the translation, as I can't do it right now.

Erudita

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348695401
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

NEED SOME HELP WITH MOTHERS FIRST NAME
Birth record of Nicola Fasano
INDEX#31
1866 Feb 3rd in the town of Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi birth of Nicola Fasano son of Giovanni Orazio Fasano age 38 farmhand and his wife ???? Repole (daughter of deceased Antonio Repole )
PG LINK TO RECORD
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
record-image (429).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

erudita74 wrote:Here's a birth record which I believe is for your Nicola. Hopefully someone can help you with the translation, as I can't do it right now.

Erudita

This record is dated Sept 12, 1867. Appearing was Giovanni Fasano, son of Nicola Fasano, age 42, a day laborer. He reported that, on the 11th, in the house on Strada Santo Ianni, a male infant was born to his wife, Gaetana Cardone, and given the name Nicola.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

one more for tonight. Record #125. The birth of Giovanni Fasano, record dated May 27, 1894. Nicola was age 26 and a day laborer. His legitimate wife, Anna Petito, was a peasant/farmer living with her husband. Giovanni was born in the house on via Pisciarelli on May 24th..

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348688801

Sorry for this bad news. This is a marriage record for the Nicola Fasano whose 1867 birth record I had found and translated. It seems that he married an Antonia Fasano in 1894. So he would not be yours. Unfortunately, there are too many missing records and ones in very poor condition. I can't seem to locate the correct marriage record to confirm the names of his parents.

Erudita
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Hi Erudita
Do you think they were married somewhere else

Marty

Marty
Virginia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Virginia »

Thank both of you for all the work you've done in my behalf. I know Fasano is a pretty common name for the area, as well as the first name of Nicola. They're probably all kin in some way further back in the family history.
Would there be any church records for the town of Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

adelfio wrote:Hi Erudita
Do you think they were married somewhere else

Marty

Marty
It's hard to say, as there are missing years of records. Also I was just looking for additional children's births, but there aren't indices for every year and I don't have the time to go through over 300 records for a single year. I was hoping that would narrow down the marriage year better and shed some light on the parents' names. All we know for sure is that Nicola's father was a Giovanni. Also some of the actual marriage records have the tops cut off of them, so you can't even read a date on them.

If you have time to check the marriage records in other towns, and it's easy to do so through your ancestry.com subscription, then by all means try that. I stayed up really late last night trying to track down the marriage record to be sure about the birth records we both located but struck out with this town's records. I don't know though if I missed anything. I had even started looking at the marriage publications, but didn't get very far with that.

Erudita
Virginia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Virginia »

Could either of you teach me how to read the DATES on these records? (So if I am browsing for additional children , I could figure it out)
for instance the birth on Anthony
image 2431 of 3033
INDEX#16
1900 Jan 13th in the town of Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi in a house on via Pisciarelli birth of Antonio Fasano son of Nicola Fasano age 34 (son of Giovanni) and Anna Petito
PG LINK
Virginia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Virginia »

When you indicate an Index #, i.e. for Anthony
INDEX#16

How can I locate these indexes? Has anyone made a listing to go with the images?

Thank you so much for all the time you've spent in helping me.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Virginia wrote:Thank both of you for all the work you've done in my behalf. I know Fasano is a pretty common name for the area, as well as the first name of Nicola. They're probably all kin in some way further back in the family history.
Would there be any church records for the town of Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi?
Yes there would be but you would have to write for those records are not online or on film they would have to be copied from the church registry
There are 4 churches listed in the Italian phone book
Did Nicola Fasano have any brothers or sisters in the USA?

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Virginia wrote:When you indicate an Index #, i.e. for Anthony
INDEX#16

How can I locate these indexes? Has anyone made a listing to go with the images?

Thank you so much for all the time you've spent in helping me.
There are indexes for each year births marriage death behind the year your searching last name first name with record number next to the name just go back through the year you are searching to find that record
HERES A MARKED BIRTH ACT CLICK TO ENLARGE
35.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty
Virginia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Virginia »

Thank you so much for this image. Now I can study the actual births more closely, and also where to locate the index.