Marriage of Allesandro Palange

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Marriage of Allesandro Palange

Post by scraig32 »

I am having a really hard time with this document. I translated the best I could but I know most of it is wrong or missing.

I feel like there is other good information but I just can't read it. Would you take a look and tell me if I missed anything good. Thank you so much, Suzanne

9 February 1812
Groom Allesandro Maria Palange, 22, profession ? , he is the minor child of Pasquale age 43
mother was Irena Ricciuto, she died on August 11, 1799??? in some other community ?
I am having trouble with the bride as well- Imaleta Giorgio ?, father Antonio and mother Maria Ciccotelli.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Marriage of Allesandro Palange

Post by erudita74 »

scraig32 wrote:I am having a really hard time with this document. I translated the best I could but I know most of it is wrong or missing.

I feel like there is other good information but I just can't read it. Would you take a look and tell me if I missed anything good. Thank you so much, Suzanne

9 February 1812
Groom Allesandro Maria Palange, 22, profession ? , he is the minor child of Pasquale age 43
mother was Irena Ricciuto, she died on August 11, 1799??? in some other community ?
I am having trouble with the bride as well- Imaleta Giorgio ?, father Antonio and mother Maria Ciccotelli.

Groom's name is spelled Alessandro. His occupation was pignataro, which was a potter-pottery business. His father was age 53 not 43 and of the same occupation. The mother died on Aug 11, 1799 (you have that correct) in Campobasso. The bride's first name is Armadita. Her surname Ciaia???

As to the info you are missing-the groom was a minor who was assisted by his father who was living with the son (col figlio il quale presta il suo consenso essendo morta la madre (the one who appeared to give his consent being that the mother was deceased).

The bride was also a minor and was assisted by her father. He was age 48 and a blacksmith. Her mother was age 45 and was living in the house with the husband and they were the ones who gave their consent.

The other handwritten info about the publications-the first at 10 P.M. on the 26th of Jan, a Sunday, of the current year. The second on the second, also a Sunday, of the current month and year (which would be Feb). The publications resulted in no opposition to the above marriage.

Erudita
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Once again Erudita, thank you! I really appreciate your time in translating these documents for me. Suzanne
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I believe that the bride's name is Anacleta (or Annacleta) Ciccotelli. It's spelled both ways within the document but I believe that Anacleta is the more common version. I have your Palange family in my database. Although I don't have the birth record for Alessandro, I do have some records for his parents:

Pascale Palange, son of Alessandro Palange and Elisabetta Nerillo, was baptized on 29 MAY 1757 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Parrocchia di S. Maria Maggiore - Cattedrale (SS.ma Trinità), Registri della Parrocchia, Battesimi Libro VIII/Folio 516/No. 5, 29 MAY 1757. He died on 08 AUG 1828 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno delle Due Sicilie. Sources: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1443298/PROCESSETTI 1834/N. d'ord. 6/foglio 3, 23 DEC 1833; Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1443307/PROCESSETTI 1846/No. del Reg. 76/foglio 3, 09 OCT 1846. The death extracts state that he was married to Rosa Santangelo at the time of his death, so he apparently remarried after the death of his wife Irene Maria Ricciuto.

Irene Maria Ricciuto, daughter of Biase Ricciuto and Felicia de Santis, was baptized 02 APR 1758 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Parrocchia di S. Maria Maggiore - Cattedrale (SS.ma Trinità), Registri della Parrocchia, Battesimi Libro VIII/Folio 528/No. 10, 02 APR 1758. She died 11 AUG 1799 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1443287/PROCESSETTI 1819/No. del Reg. 64/foglio 3, 06 AUG 1819.
John Armellino
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Oh my John! How in the world do you have this????!!! This is amazing! I would never have been able to find this info online because the date range is not available yet. I can not tell you how much I appreciate this! This is awesome!!!! You have just given me 4 names of my 7x great grandparents. I would never have been able to find these without you. A MILLION Thanks!!!! Suzanne
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

You're very welcome, Suzanne. I'll check to see if I have anything else.
John Armellino
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

I am just so excited I can't tell you! Thank you again!!!!
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

I have a very dumb question John- so is this info saying that Irene and Pascale both were born and died in Campobasso? Not Riccia? What would I record as the town(s)?
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

ok that was a dumb question bc I just found the death extract that you gave the date for for Pascale in the Riccia files! Again, thanks!
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

According to my records, both Pascale Palange and Irene Ricciuto died in the comune of Campobasso.

Today, Campobasso is both a city and a province and both the comune of Riccia and the city of Campobasso are located in the province of Campobasso, which in turn is in the Region of Molise.

Prior to the creation of the region of Molise (Abruzzi e Molise were split into two autonomous regions circa 1963), Molise was only a provincia and Campobasso was a distetto. So, when Irene Ricciuto died in August of 1799, she died in the comune di Campobasso, distretto di Campobasso, provincia di Molise, Regno di Napoli. When Pascale Palange died in August of 1828, he died in the comune di Campobasso, distretto di Campobasso, provincia di Molise, Regno delle Due Sicilie. Note that the kingdom of Naples became the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies circa 1816.

It can get a bit confusing!
John Armellino
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I just found the death extract that you gave the date for for Pascale in the Riccia files!
Where was the death extract from...what parish in what town?
John Armellino
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

I found it on Antenati site under 1828 deaths for Riccia. Here is a link to Pascale's death extract. It was

How or where did you find the information you provided on Pascale Palange? The Antenati site provides state records and not parish records. Is there someplace that I could view what you are viewing? I have several other ancestors from Riccia during the same time period that I would like to search for.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Thank you for the info re Pascale's death. I'll correct my database. The information I have with respect to the church records from Campobasso was extracted during several research trips. It seems that nearly all (if not all) of the children were baptized at the mother church - Santa Maria Maggiori aka la Cattedrale. With the help of my cousin Riccardo, I had the opportunity to examine the records there. I don't have any church records from Riccia and was able to help you only because your Palange/Ricciuto line originated in Campobasso. I looked around tonight and found the following additional records:

Elisabetta Agnese Nerillo, daughter of Cosmo and Agata Iacabone, was baptized on 16 JUL 1734 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Parrocchia di S. Maria Maggiore - Cattedrale (SS.ma Trinità), Registri della Parrocchia, Battesimi Libro VIII/Folio 124/No. 5, 16 JUL 1734. This is the only baptismal record for a child named Elisabetta Ricciuto in the period 1661 to 1762.

Biagio Domenico Antonio Ricciuto, son of Gioseppe Simone Antonio and Elisabetta d'Anghise, was baptized 03 FEB 1718 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Parrocchia di S. Maria Maggiore - Cattedrale (SS.ma Trinità), Registri della Parrocchia, Battesimi Libro VI/Folio 247/No. 1, 03 FEB 1718. This is the only baptismal record for a child named Biagio (or Biase) Ricciuto in the period 1661 to 1762. NOTE: His baptismal record states that his father's given name is Giovanni and that his mother is Elisabetta d'Anghise. However, in the relevant time period, there is no baptismal record for Giovanni Ricciuto. Elisabetta d'Anghise, on the other hand baptized six additional children, all with Giuseppe Ricciuto. There is a Gioseppe Simone Antonio Ricciuto baptized in 1693, one year before Elisabetta d'Anghise was baptized. It appears likely that Biagio's father was erroneously identified as Giovanni on his baptismal record.

Felicia di Santo, daughter of Marco Antonio di Santo and Antonia Valillo (aka Vallillo), was baptized 01 MAR 1715 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Parrocchia di S. Maria Maggiore - Cattedrale (SS.ma Trinità), Registri della Parrocchia, Battesimi Libro VI/Folio 214at/No. 2, 01 MAR 1715. This is the only baptismal record for a child named Felicia di Santo (or de Sanctis or de Santis) in the period 1661 to 1762.

I did not find a baptismal record for Alessandro Palange. I searched the period 1661 to 1762. I did find a marriage record for Felice Palange and Elisabetta Nerillo dated 01 MAY 1755, followed by four baptismal records between 1756 and 1762, all naming Alessandro Palange and Elisabetta Nerillo as the parents. [Ironically, the marriage record that immediately preceded that of Felice and Elisabetta was that of his widowed father and her widowed mother.] I only found one baptismal record for Felice Palange in the time period between 1661 and 1762. I don't know if Felice and Alessandro are one and the same and, for some reason, he started to use the name Alessandro. The record reveal nothing else. In any event, the baptismal record of Felice Palange, probable husband of Elisabetta Nerillo, is as follows:

Felice Nicola Antonio Palange, son of Stefano and Rosanna de Santis, was baptized on 08 OCT 1729 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Parrocchia di S. Maria Maggiore - Cattedrale (SS.ma Trinità), Registri della Parrocchia, Battesimi Libro VIII/Folio 43/No. 4, 08 OCT 1729.

I hope some of this helps. I'm not certain as to what degree of surety I would assign (if any) to the Alessandro/Felice Palange information or, to a lesser degree to Biagio Ricciuto father's name.
John Armellino
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Thank you and your cousin! I will have to read and reread this many times before I can digest it all and can make the connection with my ancestral line. Thank you so much! This information is just WOW!
Donnars11

Post by Donnars11 »

John, I am scraig's cousin and we are working on the same tree. I've been following your posts and first I'd like to thank you for this information. One question. How can we be sure that the Paquale Palange who died in 1828 is our Pasquale since he has a different wife. I realize that it is almost certain that he is our ancestor but without the marriage record to the second wife, Rosa Santangelo, we can't be 100% positive. Do you or do you know how to get that record. I have once more started at the beginning (1809) of the state records for Riccia and have not found a marriage (yet) for Palange/Santangelo. I've gotten to 1820. That leaves the time period from 1799-1809, which is most likely when he remarried, and from 1821 thru to his death in 1828. Of course he could have remarried in a different town. I'm guessing we'll have to ask the local pastor to check it out for us? Thanks again, Donna