View Family Tree from Cassino, Frosinone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

View Family Tree from Cassino, Frosinone

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello,

I have spent the last 3 years making my family tree on Ancestry. I have also added extended Family by Marriages, etc. Please send me Private Message (p.m.) so i can send you a link to view the Tree, or help yourself (if you have access to Ancestry), by searching:

'Cassino Italian Families - Capaldi, Tedesco, Minchella, Tamilio, Tomasso, Di Placido, Verrecchia, Franchitto & Extended Families'

I would also appreciate any additional Names, information or pictures which can relate to the tree?

I look forward to your responses!

Jamie Capaldi

P.S.
I am still in the process of adding many Names to the Tree, which i have written down.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
boozy.bird
Rookie
Rookie

Re: View Family Tree from Cassino, Frosinone

Post by boozy.bird »

Hi ..... can't gain access to the site you have posted please check out ...could be a fault
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Sorry, if you are reffering to the Cassino-Families website, it is no longer available.

Try clicking this link to view my Family Tree on Ancestry (if you pay for Ancestry?)

http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/13301692/family

If you don't pay for Ancestry, them P.M. me, and i will send an invite?

Thanks Jamie

P.S. The Tree is called:

Cassino Italian Families - Capaldi, Tedesco, Minchella, Tamilio, Tomasso, Di Placido, Verrecchia, Franchitto & Extended Families
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
boozy.bird
Rookie
Rookie

Post by boozy.bird »

Thanks for that Jamie made for good reading.... I am sure that your tree will link in to some of the West Bar Italian familes somewhere along the way..... Masarellas are a strong possibility. In you search of Cassino did you come across any Buffalaro/i or Quagliozzi family members ?
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Massarella's are definetly in Cassino, but i haven't come across Buffalaro/i or Quagliozzi names?
Quagliozzi is found around Aquino area i believe and maybe Terni or Teramo for Bufalari??
ginnyaluck

Post by ginnyaluck »

Hi Jamie
I am researching the Tedesco (Titesco) line that emigrated from Saint' Elia Fiumerapido in approx 1899 to Lancaster, England. Their names were Angelo Tedesco B approx 1851 and Rosa D'Agostino B approx 1861. Have you come across either of these during your research please?
Best Regards Ginny
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello Ginny,

My Tedesco ancestors and Family came over about the same time. There was also a D'Agostino Family in the Italian Quarter!
Please join my Facebook Group, where you will get lots of help from others that have ancestors from that region etc: Cassino Italian Immigrants
I can say D'Agostino is from Sant'Elia Fiumerapido, but you might find the Tedesco is from Cassino??
AlDG

Post by AlDG »

Hi Jamie.

I'm looking for any information relating to my paternal grandmother Arcangela Capaldi.

She is listed on my father's birth certificate as Arcangela Del Greco (formerly Capaldi) along with her husband Antonio Del Greco.

My father (shown as Giuseppe Antonio Del Greco on his birth certificate, but known as Joe/Joseph) was born in Oxford, England in 1913. Our family lived in London between 1942 to 1954, and then the North East of England (mainly South Shields).

We were always told that Arcangela died not long after my father was born. I'm not sure if Arcangela died in the UK or Italy. My grandfather (Antonio) returned to Cassino, Frosinone sometime after my father was born, where he married two more times and had further children. Antonio died around March 1964 and is buried in Sant'Angelo in Theodice, south of Cassino.

My father remained in the UK (presumably with relatives) and lived in various places around the UK including Scotland, London, Tyneside etc.

My father maintained strong family links with the Cassino area and used to visit Italy for several weeks every year with various friends (Albert Gabriele, Johnny Butera, Frank Vendittelli etc) until he died in 1983. He always stayed in the San Michele area (which he and his friends called San Miguel for some unknown reason).

I cannot find any birth, marriage or death records for Arcangela Capaldi either in Italy or the UK. It is as if she never existed. Antonio was born on 12/12/1889, so I suspect Arcangela was born around the same time.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Aldo Del Greco
ginnyaluck

Post by ginnyaluck »

Hi Jamie
I'm not sure if this page is still live?
I messaged you a few years ago regarding Angelo Tedesco & Rosa D'Agostino from St Elia.
You mentioned a Facebook group.
Please can you tell me what the group is called so I can join.
I've had a quick look on your Ancestry page as I belong to it too, but cannot see either of them on there and without knowing their parents names I'm not sure how or if they fit into your tree?
Kind regards
Ginny
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hi Jamie,

Brand new to this site, actually registered yesterday and not really sure how to navigate yet. But in my first search I see back in 2009 you mentioned the name Quagliozzi coming from Aguino. My Great grand father Domenico Quagliozzi came to America in 1902 from Aquino. His wife Maria DiFalco and some of their children came in 1901, they settled in Hoboken NJ. Do you have any other info about the Quagliozzi name in Italy? I can tell you everything about them once here in America if you have an interest. I also find the name Iannone, who appear to be cousins also from Aquino.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jill