Muccia Marriage Certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
labiancm
Rookie
Rookie

Muccia Marriage Certificate

Post by labiancm »

Thank you in advance for your help translating this 1873 marriage document for Michele Muccia and Caterina Di Napoli - the parents of my great-grandfather in San Fele, Italy. I believe this document may shed some light on who their parents were, but I am not able to read Italian. The relevant part of the document begins on the bottom left, where Michele and Caterina's names are listed.

Thanks again
record-image-2.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Muccia Marriage Certificate

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Marriage Act Index 45
Michele Muccia and Principia? Caterina Napoli

25 April 1873 1 p.m. San Fele
Appearing were:
Michele Muccia, Single, Age 26, Farmer, living in San Fele, son of Giovanni Muccia and Maria Rosa Grosso, both farmers living with son, and

Principia Caterina Napoli, single, aged 22, farmer, living in San Fele, daughter of Vincenzo di Napoli, farmer, living with daughter, and of the deceased Anna Maria Caputi.

Here is their Marriage Bann which differs a little:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,55613001

It gives Principia Caterina di Napoli's father's occupation (Vincenzo di Napoli) as Guardiano – keeper, warden, guardian, night watchman ? and it records her mother as deceased Anna Lucia Caputi.

Maybe another pair of eyes in case I've misread.

Angela
labiancm
Rookie
Rookie

Post by labiancm »

Thank you very much! You've helped me get one generation further back in my family genealogy project - I appreciate it immensely!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

labiancm wrote:Thank you very much! You've helped me get one generation further back in my family genealogy project - I appreciate it immensely!
You are very welcome.

Angela