Cognome LENZI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Garfagnino

Cognome LENZI

Post by Garfagnino »

Hi to all,
I'm researching my paternal ancestry and wonder if anyone has any connections to the following:

Guiseppe Angelo Nicolao Lenzi, born 1864 in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, Province of Lucca, Tuscany. (he had two brothers, 1) Pietro Antonio Luigi born 1881-Known as Antonio, he was in the Rome area in 1906 and had a daughter that year Teresa-may have moved to Naples area at a later date. 2) Edoardo Ferruccio Ugolivo born 1877. Also 1 sister, Ernesta Maria Massima born 1861-she married a Franceschini Franco).

Silvestro Lenzi, born about 1670 in Sillico, Pieve Fosciana, who was the ancestor to my tree.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Mike.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Cognome LENZI

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Mike & welcome to the forum,

To clarify....Are you just looking to connect with other relatives? Or trying to obtain Italian records for the family?

Is the birth year correct? >>

QUOTE: Silvestro Lenzi, born about 1670 in Sillico, Pieve Fosciana, who was the ancestor to my tree.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Garfagnino

Re: Cognome LENZI

Post by Garfagnino »

I would like to connect with any living relatives and also obtain any further earlier and or expanded family records that may exist. I have my line of descent from 1670 but the information stops at the children of the various marriages down the years but does not expand further.
The birth date of 1670 for Silvestro Lenzi (at Sillico) was taken from the records that exist at Castelnuovo di Garfagnana and therefore presumably correct. He married an Elisabetta, surname unknown. I have been told by Guliano Nesi during my visit there in 1997, that it is possible that earlier and further records may exist prior to 1670, but enquiries would have to be made in Sillico, a fraction of Pieve Fosciana where Silvestro's family lived. I have not yet had the opportunity to visit there.