ORAZIO LABATE IN BOSTON MA.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

ORAZIO LABATE IN BOSTON MA.

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

ORAZIO LABATE(B.1872 IN REGGIO CALABRIA TO PAOLO & FORTUNATA LABATE AND ARRIVED IN NEW YORK IN 1897 AND CONTINUING ON TO BOSTON) WAS THE FIRST HUSBAND OF MY PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER,MARIA COSTANTE(B.1883 IN BARCELLONA PG MESSINA IGNOTI GENITORI).THEY MARRIED IN BOSTON IN 1903,HAD A DAUGHTER,GRAZIA,IN 1903,AND FOR WHATEVER REASON,THE MARRIAGE ENDED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS,AS MY GRANDMOTHER REMARRIED FOR THE SECOND TIME TO GIUSEPPE LOGRIPPO IN 1905.MY GRANDFATHER ANTONIO RICCO WAS HER 3RD HUSBAND,WHOM SHE MARRIED AFTER THE DEATH OF HER SECOND HUSBAND,GIUSEPPE,IN 1909.LONG STORY SHORT,I'M TRYING TO PIECE TOGETHER THE LINEAGE OF THE ADOPTIVE OR SURROGATE PARENTS OF MY GRANDMOTHER(THE NATURAL PARENTS,DUE TO IGNOTI GENITORI,CANNOT BE LEARNED),FRANCESCO LANDINO(B.PALERMO 1851 TO SALVATORE & ROSALIA MANCUSO)AND MARIA BONARRIGO(B.1847 GUALTIERI MESSINA TO DOMENICO & MATTIA PULEIO).I HAVE SOLID INFORMATION FOR THE LINE OF FRANCESCO LANDINO,ALTHOUGH I CANNOT FIND HIS MARRIAGE TO MARIA BONARRIGO ANYWHERE-NOR HIS DEATH.I FOUND AN ENTRY FOR A DOMENICO BONARRIGO & MATTIA RULIGO(?) IN GUALTIERI SICAMINO IN 1845,AND ITS POSSIBLE THESE ARE THE PARENTS OF MARIA BONARRIGO,AS THERES NOTHING ELSE THAT I'VE EVER FOUND ANYWHERE IN MESSINA THAT COMES CLOSE TO THIS"CIRCUMSTANTIAL"EVIDENCE.RULIGO IS A NON EXISTENT NAME,MEANING ITS EITHER MADE UP OR A MISSPELLING.MATTIA'S PARENTS WERE"PADRE IGNOTO"AND CARMELLA RIGULO,ACCORDING TO THE MARRIAGE RECORD.MATTIA WAS BORN IN THE NEARBY COMUNE OF SAN FILIPPO DEL MELA.DOMENICO WAS FROM OPPIDO MAMERTINA,REGGIO CALABRIA,SON OF FRANCESCO & GRAZIA RIZZO.NOW THIS IS WHERE A POSSIBLE CONNECTION COMES IN WITH ORAZIO LABATE,ALSO FROM REGGIO CALABRIA.AS I'M TRYING TO DETERMINE IF DOMENICO BONARRIGO & MATTIA RULIGO(?)PULEIO? ARE THE PARENTS OF MARIA BONARRIGO.ITS IRONIC THAT MY GRANDMOTHER,MARIA COSTANTE,MARRIES ORAZIO LABATE,FROM REGGIO CALABRIA,AND THAT HER ADOPTIVE MOTHER,MARIA BONARRIGO'S FATHER,DOMENICO,IS ALSO FROM REGGIO CALABRIA.IF I CAN SOMEHOW CONNECT ORAZIO LABATE WITH DOMENICO BONARRIGO,I MAY HAVE THE CORRECT CONNECTION.AS MY GRANDMOTHER ARRIVED IN BOSTON IN JUNE 1902(MARIA BONARRIGO DIED 1 WEEK LATER)AND MARRIED ORAZIO LABATE IN MARCH 1903,ONLY 9 MONTHS LATER,ITS POSSIBLE HER FAMILY WAS SOMEHOW CONNECTED TO THAT OF HER HUSBAND.JUST TOSSING THIS AROUND-BUT IF I COULD GET MORE INFORMATION FOR ORAZIO LABATE,THAT COULD POSSIBLY ESTABLISH A CONNECTION REGARDING THE FAMILY LINE OF DOMENICO BONARRIGO & MATTIA (RULIGO?)PULEIO ,AS THE CORRECT PARENTS OF MARIA BONARRIGO.ORAZIO REMARRIED SOMETIME AFTER 1903 AND DIED IN CHELSEA MA. IN 1952 AGE 80.ALL I KNOW IS THAT HE WAS FROM REGGIO CALABRIA-COMUNE UNKNOWN-UNLESS IT WAS THE CITY OF REGGIO ITSLELF.DOMENICO BONARRIGO WAS BORN IN TRESILOCO,OPPIDO MAMERTINA,IN THE PROVINCE OF REGGIO CALABRIA.ANY INFORMATION REGARDING ORAZIO LABATE WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: ORAZIO LABATE IN BOSTON MA.

Post by PeterTimber »

I think you need some basic genealogy information so that you can ask the questions that anyone assisting you can answer. May I suggest that you obtain the book ITALIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS by Trafford R. Cole which is an easy read with copies of the documents that you will want to obtain containing the information you want. Either at the library or a book store can help you for the book.
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Hi John still going at it I admire your persistence heres a little info
U.S. Naturalization Records Indexes, 1794-1995
Name:Orazio Labate
Birth Date:20 May 1872
Birth Location:Calabria, Italy
Spouse:Divorced
State:Massachusetts
Locality, Court:District of Masssachusetts, U.S. Circuit and District Courts
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
M1545_16-2212.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks.i've seen this record entry.as he married my paternal grandmother in boston in 1903,and they had a daughter later that year(the child died as an infant in 1904)and my grandmother remarried in 1905(that marriage ended in 1909 when her second husband died),the 1st marriage evidently broke down early on,although divorce was rare in those days,especially with catholic italian immigrants.it appears orazio went back to italy sometime afterwards and returned in 1913(he first arrived in 1897).i know he remarried and died in 1952.i have all that information.i'm trying to make a connect between orazio and domenico bonarrigo,the father of my grandmother's adoptive mother,maria bonarrigo.domenico was also born in reggio calabria,and possibly there was a connection there
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

For your information: There were two Domenico Bonarrigo ; one was 18 as was the other, both were from Oppido Mamertina; one entered in June at NYC and the second entered in July at NYC and both were destined to the same person. Obviously they might have been cousins but why a month apart?? Peter
~Peter~
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i just recieved the birth record for the domenico bonarrigo i was researching,from oppidoo mamertina.he was born in 1818,long before the subject of the same name you may have seen in the passenger lists.this domenico bonarrigo married mattia puleio in santa lucia del mela in 1845.they were the parents of maria bonarrigo(b.1847 in gualtieri sicamino),the adoptive mother of my paternal grandmother.i was just trying to establish a connection between this domenico and my grandmothers 1st husband orazio labate as they were both from reggio calabria.but agewise not even close.the domenico bonarrigo i have was born in 1818-54 years before orazio labate,born in 1872