Death Document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
smas1973
Master
Master

Death Document

Post by smas1973 »

can i get help to translate this death document

this is for Michela Ardizzone-Caito death 8/6/1852 Husband Spicuzza
Attachments
1882.jpg
Thank You For All Your Help With The Translation Of This Documents

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Riggio, & Bondi.

Researching Termini Imerese, Palermo surnames Mascari, Spicuzza, Capone, Catalano & Pusateri
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Death Document

Post by erudita74 »

Neither of these two documents is for the person you need.

Erudita
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

Thank you

Researching Termini Imerese, Palermo surnames Mascari, Spicuzza, Capone, Catalano & Pusateri
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

Are these Document from 1852 or a different year

Scott

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

smas1973 wrote:Are these Document from 1852 or a different year

Scott
They are both dated 13 September 1852.

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Scott
Who is retrieving these documents for you? Whoever is obviously can't decipher them at all.
Erudita
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

It is Family Search that are sending me these Document for what ever reason This death document is a really hard one for them to find for some reason.

they just emailed me another one can you let me know if this one is correct.
if not can you give me date and name so I can let them know if they are getting closer by date.

Thank You for all the help

Scott
Attachments
Poss Michela 004129311_17104037_00119.jpg

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Scott
Both of these documents are for 1851 and not 1852. The one on the left is dated Aug 14, 1851 for a Pietro Bova, death on the 13th.

The one on the right is for Maria Testa-dated on Aug 17, 1851 for death on the 16th.

BTW, are they charging you to retrieve these documents?

Erudita
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

Ok Thank You Erudita

and no they are not charging me just going toward the limit of 5 a month.

For what ever reason and not sure if there is a different person pulling them they just cant find the correct one.

Thank You for hellping me through this.

Scott

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Scott
I have always retrieved records myself from the microfilms so I wasn't sure how the library worked having someone else do it for you. I know that the Mormon Library in Utah has both professional and volunteer staff, but I'm surprised that they have someone pulling these records who can't read them at all. There's a single roll of microfilm from which these records would be pulled-if the person retrieving the records could read the dates at the top of them, assuming the dates you have are correct. he/she should be able to find the correct records quickly.

Morti 1851-1854
Family History Library
International Film 1714037

Hopefully one of these days these earlier records will be online at the state archives website so that we can help you find them, if you can't do so yourself. Or maybe you will get lucky and find someone else who has access to this roll of microfilm and can locate the record for you. What about the people who maintain the Termini website? I seem to recall that you have worked with them in the past.

Erudita
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

Erudita

this is the link I use https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... n_Services for them to makes me copies for the documents. I have used the Termini Imerese Database to the fullest. I am using the family search to have copys of different documents to show what i have is 100%. On most of my family using the Termini Imerese Database it has put me back into 1700's and 1800's. But on some family I would like to go back further. But as everyone is telling me the Priest in Termini is not nice to genealogy researcher so he wont help with anything so trying to figure out another way to get different document to help me go back more.

smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

Hello Family Search sent me another document can you let me know if this is the correct one and if not can you let me know the date and names please.

Thank You
Attachments
004129311_1714037_00368.jpg

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Both are November 1852 death records.
The one on the left (No 320 trecentoventi) is for 26 year old single (libero) male – Michele ?
On the right (No 321) is a six year old child.

Scott, I'm wondering whether you might be better to ask for a copy of the indices covering the “A's and/or C's” (whatever is relevant) for the year you are requiring here – 1852​? - for us to look at and establish the index number (and maybe month) you require.? I am wondering whether what might be happening is that Family Search are sending you the page number (i.e. No 161 in this case) instead of the index number because they don't read Italian. (i.e. They just might be confusing the page number with the index number.) Just a thought.

Angela
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

Thank you I'll try that

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

smas1973 wrote:Thank you I'll try that
Maybe see what the others think as well. I noticed that with your 1851 records that the number of the page actually corresponds to the Record Index No but it doesn't seem to do this with the 1852 records here and that's why I am wondering whether there might be some confusion, although they did pick out some incorrect 1851 records as well.
Angela