1868 Atti di Nascita - Salvatore Mulé

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

1868 Atti di Nascita - Salvatore Mulé

Post by malsbury »

I have found what I believe to be the Atti di Nascita for Salvatore Mulé born in 1868 in Villalba. Salvatore was the brother of my 2nd great grandfather Angelo Mulé.

I am hoping to confirm that this is the record for the same Salvatore, and confirm the details of linage and maiden names that were found in the record for Angelo.

Thanks again for all the assistance with this effort.

-Thomas Malsbury
Attachments
mule_salvatore_1868.png
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: 1868 Atti di Nascita - Salvatore Mulé

Post by erudita74 »

Dated Oct 3, 1868 at 3 P.M.
Appearing was the declarant, Grazia Mistretta, the daughter of deceased Carmelo(Mistretta). She had assisted with the birth and reported that the male infant named Salvatore was born to spouses Grazia Fruscione, the daughter of Pasquale (Fruscione), age 25, a peasant, and Placido Mule', the 30 year old son of Vincenzo Mule', also a peasant in the town. Salvatore was born on Oct 1st at 8. Witnesses were Michele Tramontana, age 28, a peasant, the son of Giuseppe (Tramontana), and Giuseppe Schillaci, age 24, the son of Vincenzo (Schillaci), also a peasant. The two witnesses, town residents, were produced by the declarant. None of them signed the document, as they did not know how to write.

Erudita
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Post by malsbury »

Erudita -

Thank you so much for tackling this one as well as the last. I'm glad to see this was the Salvatore I was looking for, and that this record contained the maternal grandfather of the child which was not found in Angelo's. It also appears that the paternal grandfather died between the birth of the two children.

My only question is the reported age of the father. Here in 1868 the age of Vincenzo Mule' is 30, and then two years later in 1870 it is 48. Would you mind just taking a second look at the ages again in both records to be certain of the translations. If they are correct, I'll just add it to my notes as a question that will need to be resolved in the future.

Thanks again.

-Thomas Malsbury
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thomas
The ages I gave you from the two records are correct. Ages given in these records are often inaccurate, with ages in death records being the least reliable. I can't account for why there is an 18 year difference in records only two years apart, but they are definitely the same people. For now, just make a notation somewhere. Eventually the truth will manifest itself.
Erudita
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Post by malsbury »

[UPDATE] Maria Grazia's maiden surname has been revised to Guccione using additional record samples

See thread: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/32807
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thomas
Check what I added under Giuseppe Mule'
Erudita