Laurenzana birth record translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bwarzel

Laurenzana birth record translation

Post by bwarzel »

Giovanni Antonio DiPerisa Page 1889 #137 Birth 1884 LDS record
I need assistance in translation for birth mother, father, midwife and any other pertinent information. Thank you, I've attached a photo of the entry
Patricia
Attachments
John 1.png
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Laurenzana birth record translation

Post by erudita74 »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392378701

Best to copy and paste the url here so that the record can easily be enlarged-

Dated June 6, 1884 at 9:10 a.m. Appearing was midwife, Carolina Buonadici (sp?), age 57. She reported that 11:02 a.m. on the 3rd, in the house on Corso Abramo, a male infant was born to Maria Donata Lavigna, peasant, wife of Domenico Di Persia, who was the son of Egidio (Di Persia), also a peasant. Both husband and wife were residents in the town. The son was being given the name Giovanni Antonio. Witnesses to the declaration of the birth, and presentation of the infant, were Maria Filomena Pavese, age 41, seamstress,and Gaetana Pelletieri,age 50, peasant. The midwife made the declaration in place of husband of Lavigna, as he was absent (reason for his absence is not given in the record). The record was only signed by the town official, as the others were illiterate.

Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392378701
Dated June 6, 1884 at 9:10 a.m. Appearing was midwife, Carolina Buonadici (sp?), age 57.
Erudita
I read Buonadies. I'm wondering whether it is actually meant to be spelt Bonadies though.
Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Angela
I now see it in the index at the end of that year's birth records. There are two different entries. One spelled as in the record which is Buonadies and one spelled as Bonadies. So the first one is the way the midwife's surname is spelled in the record. I was considering it, but couldn't find it earlier and should have thought to check the index.
Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hello Erudita!
I looked at the previous entry, Index 136, where it is clearly Buonadies when you blow it up. I then turned some more pages to make sure and found that this same midwife declared a lot of the births. In one place her name was spelt Bonadies so I checked the white pages and Bonadies appears locally but the name Buonadies was non existent. Anyways, for now either/or I guess?
Angela :)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote:https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392378701

Best to copy and paste the url here so that the record can easily be enlarged-

Dated June 6, 1884 at 9:10 a.m. Appearing was midwife, Carolina Buonadici (sp?), age 57. She reported that 11:02 a.m. on the 3rd, in the house on Corso Abramo, a male infant was born to Maria Donata Lavigna, peasant, wife of Domenico Di Persia, who was the son of Egidio (Di Persia), also a peasant. Both husband and wife were residents in the town. The son was being given the name Giovanni Antonio. Witnesses to the declaration of the birth, and presentation of the infant, were Maria Filomena Pavese, age 41, seamstress,and Gaetana Pelletieri,age 50, peasant. The midwife made the declaration in place of husband of Lavigna, as he was absent (reason for his absence is not given in the record). The record was only signed by the town official, as the others were illiterate.

Erudita
I read "wife of Domenico Egidio Di Persia".
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks for catching that, Livio. You are correct.
Erudita