Trouble reading mothers name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Trouble reading mothers name

Post by Anizio »

I am having trouble reading my ancestor's mother's first name.

It looks like Mosi Baldini, but I'm not aware of a name like "Mosi"

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Baldini 1.jpg
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Trouble reading mothers name

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Anizio, I'm sure it starts with an R so it is possibly the late Rosa Baldini but the name certainly doesn't look like it ends with an "a". Rosi? Are you able to post more of the record for us to look at to make comparisons?

Angela
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

I tried to post it so it showed the words "Montopoli", "Roma", and "Ridolfi" because the first letter in Montopoli that looks the same as the first letter in her name, a lot more than the R in Ridolfi and Roma.

Either way Rosi and Mosi are not names I know of, unless its an obscure name or typo?

Here's some more, hopefully its not too small.
Attachments
Baldini 2.jpg
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Yes, you are right. It is much more like an "M" than an "R". Well, I'm stumped. Hopefully someone will come on soon who knows exactly what it reads. Thank you for posting more of the record.
Angela
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I read Baldini Mosé.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

But Mosé is a man's name. This is a woman?