Mariano Canciamilla birth record, Trabia, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Mariano Canciamilla birth record, Trabia, Sicily

Post by Marlena »

Hello, I'm can't understand the additional names on the second page of this record. Image 210 and 211. I read that Mariano's father is Giuseppe and mother, Giuseppa Sunseri. Are the other names Giuseppe or Giuseppa's parents or witnesses? Can you also give me any additional info?
Thanks as always
Marlene
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246761401
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Mariano Canciamilla birth record, Trabia, Sicily

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth Act No 33:
Registered 20 March 1869, 9 am, Trabia
Father: Giuseppe Canciamilla, son of the late Mariano, age 28, villico (farmer), living in Trabia
Mother: Giuseppa Sunseri, daughter of Leonardo, age 23, living in Trabia

Mariano was born on 19 March 1869. 8 pm in Trabia at their home (quartiere Matrice).

The other names are the witnesses: Giuseppe Di Maria, son of the late Giacomo, 48, facchino (porter) and Ignazio Corso, son of Antonino, 24, Calzolaio (cobbler), both living in Trabia.

If I am reading this correctly it looks like both parents presented the child.
Angela :)
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Thank you Angela !!!
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are very welcome. :D

I just want to mention one thing from the record which I have been thinking about. It doesn't exactly say that they were married, it just says that Mariano was born in their home (so they were living together) “from their union”. They probably were married but thought I would just mention this here. It would be interesting to find other records pertaining to this couple, depending on what is available online, to verify.
Angela