Frangipani's family tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mirabello

Frangipani's family tree

Post by Mirabello »

I'm looking for info about the Frangipani family (Duchi di Mirabello) who lived in Campobasso between the 1800 and 1900. I have an old family tree made in 1867 where are mentioned only the men of the family. Thus, I need info about their wives and doughters. My GGF was FrancescoPaolo Frangipani, my GGGF was PietroAntonio Frangipani and my GGGGF was Francesco Saverio Frangipani (who was married with FrancescaSaveria Nocera). I'd like to know details about the ancient ladies of my family. Someone can help me?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Frangipani's family tree

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website can you post that family tree does it have dates on it?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Francesco Paolo Frangipani, age 27, son of Pietro Antonio Gaetano and Teresa Maria Antonia Marsico, and Cornelia Rosa Ricciuti, age 17, daughter of Angelo Maria and Maria Cornelia Palombo, were married 03 MAY 1884 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno d'Italia. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1733313/MATRIMONI 1884/Parte II/No. 5, 03 MAY 1884.

Cornelia Rosa Ricciuti died 14 JAN 1887 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno d'Italia. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1733444/MORTI 1887/Parte I/Numero 22, 15 JAN 1887.

Pietro Antonio Gaetano Frangipani, age 34, son of Duca Francesco Saverio and Duchessa Francesca Saveria Macera, and Teresa Maria Antonia Marsico, age 26, daughter of Francesco and Maria Giuseppa Fiorentini, were married 06 JUL 1850 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno delle Due Sicilie. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1443309/MATRIMONI 1850/N. d'ordine 37, 30 JUL 1850.

Pietro Antonio Gaetano Frangipani was born 07 JAN 1816 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1443310/PROCESSETTI 1850/No. del Registro 37/foglio 1, 02 JUL 1850. He died 19 AUG 1881 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno d'Italia. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1733318/MORTI 1881/Parte I/Numero 247, 20 AUG 1881.

Teresa Maria Antonia Marsico was born 22 MAR 1824 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno delle Due Sicilie. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1443310/PROCESSETTI 1850/No. del Registro 37/foglio 5, 02 JUL 1850.

Duca Francesco Saverio Frangipani, age 69, born in Mirabello, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli, son of Duca Giuseppe and Duchessa Marianna Buonacore, died 06 OCT 1838 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno delle Due Sicilie. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1424491/MORTI 1838/N. d'ordine 192, 07 OCT 1838.

Duchessa Francesca Saveria Macera, age circa 73, daughter of Pietrantonio and Maria Cristina Cantana, died 24 JUL 1847 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno delle Due Sicilie. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1424493/MORTI 1847/N. d'ordine 223, 25 JUL 1847.

Duca Giuseppe Frangipani, age 73, died 26 JUL 1805 in Mirabello, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1443310/PROCESSETTI 1850/No. del Registro 37/foglio 3, 13 JUN 1850.

Note that Pietro Antonio Gaetano Frangipani did not inherit his father's title. His older brother Giuseppe, born circa 1810, inherited the title, which then descended to his son Gaetano.
John Armellino
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Had to get off post 666!
John Armellino
Mirabello

Post by Mirabello »

To Marty: as you can see the family tree doesn't have dates on it.
To Jhon: thank you very much for your very helpful info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mirabello

Post by Mirabello »

Hi Jhon,
thank you very much for your detailed info. I showed your answer to my family and they are very excited to finally find out names and dates about the women of the family. Nobody was aware that our GGF (Francesco Paolo Frangipani) had a first marriage with Cornelia Rosa Ricciuti. The name of his second wife (our GGM) was Maria Antonietta Marinelli. They probably got married in 1888 because we found a poem wrote the 20th October 1888 for their marriage. We don't know the date of birth and the date of death of our GGM (Maria Antonietta Marinelli). Do you know these latter dates?
As you can see in the old family tree, our GGF had a brother named Giuseppe Frangipani (son of Pietro Antonio and Teresa Maria Antonia Marsico), we don't know anything about him and we don't know if they (Francesco Paolo and Giuseppe) had sisters. Do you have some info about Giuseppe and any sister?
Probably my GGF's brother (Giuseppe Frangipani) is the person who draw the family tree in 1867 (as you can see from the picture).
Thank you again for your help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I don't have Maria Antonietta Marinelli in my database. I do have several Marinelli families. Do you know the names of Maria Antonietta's parents? If so, I will check to see if I have them.

I don't have your GGF's brother Giuseppe in my database. I only have two siblings:

Francesco Frangipani, age 20 months, son of Pietro Antonio Gaetano and Teresa Maria Antonia Marsico, died 15 JUL 1856 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno delle Due Sicilie. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1442252/MORTI 1856/Num. d'ordine 235, 16 JUL 1856.

Francesca Saveria Frangipani, age 22, born in Campobasso, daughter of of Pietro Antonio Gaetano and Teresa Maria Antonia Marsico, and Antonio Grimaldi, age 24, born in Campobasso, son of Pasquale Andrea and Marianna Cristina Marsico, were married on 12 FEB 1882 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno d'Italia. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1733313/MATRIMONI 1882/Parte II/No. 2, 12 FEB 1882.

Note that the aforesaid Teresa Maria Antonia Marsico and Marianna Cristina Marsico were sisters, making the bride and groom first cousins!

I have one child in my database for Francesco Paolo Frangipani. Pietro Frangipani, age 13 months, son of Francesco Paolo and Cornelia Rosa Ricciuti, died 10 MAY 1886 in Campobasso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno d'Italia. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1733444/MORTI 1886/Parte I/Numero 141, 11 MAY 1886. BTW, Cornelia Rosa Ricciuti is my 4C3R.
John Armellino
Mirabello

Post by Mirabello »

Hi John,
thank you again for the useful supplementary info.
About Maria Antonietta Marinelli (or simply Antonietta Marinelli), we just know the place of birth, that is Ripalimosani (in Campobasso Province). Her cousin was Maria Elisa Angiolina Marinelli (or simply Angelina Marinelli) born in Ripalimosani (26/01/1866), died in Naples (29/05/1927), doughter of Emilio Marinelli and Elena Wiedemann (or Wiedman), married with Olindo Incarnati, mother of Giovanni, Giuseppe, Edoardo and Cristina. Both Antonietta and Angelina are descendants of Nicola Marinelli born in Ripalimosani (31/01/1833) and probably died in Naples (24/02/1904).
From some old letter I found also other Marinelli names (of whom we don't know the degree of kinship): Achille Marinelli (from Formia), Luigi Marinelli (from Naples) and Corinna Marinelli (from Naples).
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I have a couple of Marinelli families from Ripalimosani, but none that match your data. I also have some Marinelli families from other surrounding comuni, but none with any connection to Napoli.
John Armellino
Mirabello

Post by Mirabello »

Concerning Antonietta Marinelli (our GGM), I found supplementary info from an old family book:
- her mother's surname was Masciotta, because I find some letter from her cousins from Casacalenda Adelina Masciotta (who married Vincenzo Tata) and Angiolina Masciotta (who married Giuseppe De Gennaro) and Michele Masciotta.
- her sister was Letizia Marinelli married with Giuseppe De Nunno; their son Renato De Nunno was a decorated military Doctor of the first world war, who wrote a beatiful letter in memory of Mario Frangipani (our GF's brother and son of Francesco Paolo Frangipani) who died during the first world war.
- in some letter is also mentioned Achille Marinelli, that could had been her brother

these are all the info we can provide about the Antonietta's relatives

to John: thank you very much for your help