Zarro family of Chianche, Avellino Province, Campania

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Italianpast

Zarro family of Chianche, Avellino Province, Campania

Post by Italianpast »

Looking for information regarding the Zarro family, formerly of Chianche, Avellino Province, Campania Region and most recently from near Rome. Vincenzo Zarro is a first cousin born around 1930. He and his wife Lilia had 3 girls and a boy...Alba, Anna, Cristina, and Paolo. I don't know the name of Vincenzo's father, but the father had a sister Rosalina Zarro and at least 2 brothers, Emiddio and Raffaele Zarro (my great grandfather). The sister and brothers emigrated to America, but Vincenzo and his father did not. Vincenzo's grandfathers name was also Vincenzo and his wife was Nuncia or Nunzia (Ferino) Zarro.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Zarro family of Chianche, Avellino Province, Campania

Post by PippoM »

If this is the Manifest of your Raffaele (born about 1923):

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1923888

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1923888

He was the son of Michele (who was in North Bergen) and Cristina Pizzella.
Can it be him?

I also found a Paolo Zarro near Roma in Italian White Pages:

http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs=zarro+paolo&dv=
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Italianpast

Post by Italianpast »

Thank you for your assistance Pippo. Unfortunately, my Raffaele Zarro died in 1921 so that cannot be him. However, I will follow up with the White Pages lead for Paolo Zarro. Grazie il mio amico.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

So, do you know when he was born approximately, or when he and his siblings went to the USA?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Italianpast

Post by Italianpast »

Raffaele Zarro was born 14 Feb 1879 in Chianche town, Avellino Province, Campania Region. He emigrated to America at age 26 in 1906 and died in 1921 in Detroit, Michigan, USA. His parents were Vincenzo Zarro (born about 1855) and Nuncia Ferino (born about 1858). They remained in Italy. Raffaele had a sister Rosalina born 30 Dec 1892 in Chianche. He also had a brother Emiddio born 4 Jan 1884 in Chianche. Rosalina came to America in 1909 at age 18 and Emiddio in 1902 at age 18. I have reason to believe that Raffaele had at least one and perhaps two younger brothers who remained in Italy during their lifetimes. Birth dates on the two unidentified brothers are somewhere in the 1894 to 1896 range, give or take several years. One of these unidentified brothers is likely the father of my late cousin Vincenzo Zarro. He has a wife Lilia and children Alba, Anna, Cristina, and Paolo. I have lost contact with the family.

David