Antonia Di Venere b. 1846, Bari

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
todson
Veteran
Veteran

Antonia Di Venere b. 1846, Bari

Post by todson »

Greetings. LookIng for more information on the family of Antonia Di Venere b. 1846, Carbonara,di Bari Apulia. She is the daughter of Guiseppe Antonio Di Venere and Angela Santa Favia. Antonia was married to Donato Antonio Di Nicolo 12 Dec 1868, Bari. I am interested in trying to confirm if Antonia Di Venere had another marriage to Guiseppe Armenise? Any information on the Di Venere, Favia and Armenise families from Bari will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Tod
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Antonia Di Venere b. 1846, Bari

Post by Tessa78 »

For reference purposes, here is the marriage act of Donato Antonio di Nicolò and Antonia di Venere in 1868.

Donato is 26, son of Nicola di Nicolò and Eufemia Abbinante
Antonia is 22, daugter of Giuseppe di Venere and Angela Santa Favia.
Act #63 - on the right side of image.
It does not indicate that Antonia was a widow, so another marriage would have taken place after 1868. Do you have an approximate date of this marriage to Giuseppe? And did this marriage take place in Carbonara?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

T.
todson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by todson »

Thank you for the info. Vincenza Armenise b. 15 Jan 1880, Carbonara, Bari - d. 14 Aug 1922, Carbonara, Bari. Vincenza's parents are Guiseppe Armenise and Antonia Di Venere. Vincenza married Michele D'Addabbo on 18 Aug 1898, Carbonara, Bari. Any info on these Bari families is appreciated.. Thanks again. Tod
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

todson wrote:Thank you for the info. Vincenza Armenise b. 15 Jan 1880, Carbonara, Bari - d. 14 Aug 1922, Carbonara, Bari. Vincenza's parents are Guiseppe Armenise and Antonia Di Venere. Vincenza married Michele D'Addabbo on 18 Aug 1898, Carbonara, Bari. Any info on these Bari families is appreciated.. Thanks again. Tod
The marriage act of Michelle D'Addabbo and Vincenza Armenisi identifies HER mother as Antonia Ventrella, not di Venere.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 4.jpg.html

I will check the publication of the banns for the mother's name to see if they are the same.

EDIT TO ADD:
The Marriage Banns also identifies Vincenza's mother as Antonia Ventrella...
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

T.
todson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by todson »

Thank you for the great information!!!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Just a thought...

The mother's surname MAY have been in error on the birth record.
I noticed that the child whose birth was recorded just before Vincenza's had a mother with the surname di Venere. Clerk may have just written this on Vincenza's record by mistake instead of Ventrella.
Usually we see a correction to this which often shows up in a supplement to the births. This correction sometimes is not made until a marriage is about to take place because that is when they notice the error. That would taking more research. :-)

T.