Inmigration of Calogero Cicala

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Inmigration of Calogero Cicala

Post by aabruno »

Experts:
I am looking for the Ellis Island emigration of Calogero Cicala around 1899. He would be around 40 years old (born in 1860) from the home town of Sciacca, Sicilia and going to Norristown, PA. His cousin or brother Accursio Cicala is already living in Norristown in 1899. I believe Calogero is traveling alone because his wife and kids come in 1900.

Can someone help me find his inmigration?

Thanks!
Anthony
vj
Master
Master

Re: Inmigration of Calogero Cicala

Post by vj »

Anthony, this may be it. Valarie
1899 manifest
Line 15
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aabruno »

This is it!!! Thats him. I wonder if he is really a brother as it says...I thought he was a cousin. Unless they have to say brother or sister to get into the country....

I have his birth/baptism record from Sciacca and he has different parents...

Thanks for finding the record!!

Anthony
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aabruno »

I have Calogero and his wife Angela living in Norristown PA in the 1920 census but not the 1910. They would have children named Angelo, Giuseppe, maria, Giovanna, Paul, and Joseph...

Can someone find them in the 1910 census?

Thanks,

Anthony
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Anthony, this may be it.
Under Calagere Charlie
Used a no name search in Norristown,
born in Italy abt 1860. vj

1910 census
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aabruno »

Grazie mille!!!
jmpontino

Post by jmpontino »

Hope you will get this, since the original post was several years ago. Calogero Cicala was my maternial great grandfather. He was married to Angela Barone, and yes he did come alone at first and then went back for his family. Their children were Anna Saladino (my grandmother), Maria Di Carlo, Jovanna Maltesa (Jenny), Josephine Cusumano, Paul Cicala, Joseph Cicala and Calogero Cicala (died from whooping cough as a child) He lived in Norristown for the remainder of his life. I'm sorry but I do not know any of his other family members. My mother and her siblings are all deceased so I have no one to ask.
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aabruno »

Just saw this (2 years later).... Yes, Calogero was son of Giuseppe Cicala (1814) and Ana Santangelo - married in 1847. Giuseppe was brother to my Benedetto Cicala (1811). Their parents were Antonino Cicala and Giovanna Iacono. Looks like Antonino might have died prematurly (1814-1820) as I have not found other chirldren and the death of Antonino from 1820+.
Need to get Antonino and Giovana's wedding record around 1809 in Sciacca and/or his death record in the Parrocchia San Michele Arcangelo in Sciacca.
ella713

Post by ella713 »

It seems we are related.... my grandmother was Josephine Cicala, married Calogero Cusumano (my pateranl grandfather). They had children; Joseph, Mary, Alfonso, Paul, Charles, Angela, and Victoria. I knew some of the Cicala side... My grandmother's sister (Aunt) Jenny, and I knew the Saladino and DiCarlo Cousins, though it has been many years! This is great information as we are putting together a family tree.