Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
judydennisi

Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

Post by judydennisi »

I have a world membership in Ancestry.com yet can find no records of the Iaciofano family in Busso. I have received a birth and confirmation record privately from a relative that was performed at St Lawrence Martyr Church in Busso. It is still an active parish. But when i input the birth info of that Iaciofano in Ancestry.com, I get no record. I read on this forum that the Mormans have microfilmed records from Busso; if so, those records should be accessible on Ancestry.com. I have had Iaciofano relatives that have visited Busso, but have found no records. They believe the records were destroyed during WWII. Is this true?
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

Post by PippoM »

You can find BMD records for Busso here, where available:

http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... ampobasso/

Stato civile napoleonico 1807-1815

Stato civile della restaurazione 1816-1861

Stato civile italiano 1861-1903
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Here is a Marianna Iaciofano born in 1883 daughter of Biase Iaciofano and Anna Maria Santangelo
USE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON FOR MAGNIFER
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Judy - As Pippo pointed out, certain civil records for Busso can be found onIine. In addition, the LDS (Mormons) have filmed the civil records from 1809-1910. These films can be rented and viewed at their Family History Libraries located throughout the world. Go to familysearch.org to find the one nearest you. Although I have not visited the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Busso, I have been to the provincial archives in Campobasso and copies of the civil records for Busso can be found there. Finally, I have been to chiesa di San Lorenzo to search for church records but none predated the civil records. I have a number of Iaciofano entries in my database. What are the names of the ancestors you are searching?
John Armellino
judydennisi

Post by judydennisi »

Thanks for your help: Biagio (Biase) and Anna Maria Santangelo had (4) children, all born in Busso. They are: Maria Iaciofano, B. 09 May 1869; Giuseppe, B. 22 dec 1873, Giovanni, B. about 1876; and Lorenzo, B. 08 Dec 1887. I have a copy of Giuseppe's birth record from St Lawrence Martyr Church in Busso. The others may have come from there also. I don't know anything about Biagio and Anna Maria santangelo; I would only guess Anna maria would have been born about 1850 and Biagio maybe a few yrs before that . Dennis
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Biase Iaciofano fu Giuseppe, age 34, and Annamaria Santangelo di Domenico, age 20, both born in Busso, were married on 05 JUL 1866 in Busso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno d'Italia. Source: Busso (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1733183/MATRIMONI 1866/No. 10, 05 JUL 1866.

Biase Iaciofano, son of Guiseppe and Marianna Ranallo, was born 12 DEC 1832 in Busso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno delle Due Sicile. Source: Busso (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1386532/NATI 1832/N. d'ordine 45, 12 DEC 1832. Biase is my 2C3R via the Ranallo line.

Anna Maria Santangelo, daughter of Domenico and Teresa Sepede, was born 13 FEB 1846 in Busso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno delle Due Sicile. Source: Busso (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1386533/NATI 1846/Num. d'ordine 5, 13 FEB 1846.

BTW, the Maria Iaciofano that you mention was actually born Mariantonia Iaciofano on 09 MAY 1869 in Busso.
John Armellino
judydennisi

Post by judydennisi »

Wow! John, how did you find this? When you say "Biase is my 2C3R via the Ranallo line", what do you mean? I tried bwowsing the civil italian records from campobasso, with no results. How can I search these records; thru the family.search library? Thank you very much John, Dennis ! Ciao!
judydennisi

Post by judydennisi »

John: My lineage is ....Biase>Lorenzo>Arthur>Dennis (Me) Does this mean we are %th Cousins? 5C? Dennis
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Use the index in the year your searching nati=birth morti=death the records are online you don't need to go to family search

Index#45 Biase Iaciofano, son of Giuseppe and Marianna Ranallo, was born 12 DEC 1832 in Busso
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Index#5 Anna Maria Santangelo, daughter of Domenico and Teresa Sepede, was born 11 FEB 1846
in Busso
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

Index#10 Biase Iaciofano fu Giuseppe, age 34, and Annamaria Santangelo di Domenico, age 20, both born in Busso, were married on 05 JUL 1866 in Busso, Campobasso

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 2.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Dennis - Yes, we are Fifth Cousins. Our common ancestors are Nicola Ranallo, born circa 1729, died 09 JUN 1797 in Busso, and Isabella Picciano, died 25 OCT 1799 in Busso. Nicola was the son of Leopoldo Ranallo and Livia Sepede. Your line of descent: Leopoldo > Nicola > Giuseppe Antonio (born 09 MAY 1795 in Busso) > Marianna > Biase > Lorenzo > Arthur > Dennis. My Great Great Grandmother was Libera Antonia Ranallo, granddaughter of Nicola Ranallo and Isabella Picciano, and First Cousin of your Marianna Ranallo. If you send an email to armellino at yahoo dot com, I'll send you a pedigree chart and answer any questions you might have about searching the online records posted by the Archivio di Stato di Campobasso or the microfilms of the LDS.
John Armellino
judydennisi

Post by judydennisi »

I have been researching Italian Records thru the websites you have provided; and I have found that all the Iaciofanos seem to all have come from one place, Busso. I now remember a coversation from my Italian Grandparents talking about this person being a "Rip'; I think meaning that they came from Ripalomasani. So that gives me the idea that the Italian surnames are associated to the town they came from.
I have come to the idea that all the Iaciofanos are related and the History of the Iaciofanos is tied directly to the history of Busso. Is there a history book that details the town's Past?
Also I have tried to find the meaning of the surname Iaciofano. One souce said "Arrowsmith" but I can't find corroboration from others. Is there a meaning for Iaciofano and do you now how it was derived?
judydennisi

Post by judydennisi »

I noticed from the records that the husbands occupation is contadino- farmer. I have read history that farming was subsistence farming. Could there have been mezzadrias in the area with padrones that could provide an income for the farmers of Busso. It is a hilly area and I wonder how much arable land they had on which to farm? Dennis
judydennisi

Post by judydennisi »

I am trying to find out what happened to my great Grandmother, Anna Maria santangelo, B. 1846 in Busso. Her husband, Biase Iaciofano, Born 12 Dec 1832, Died 11 June 1888, the year after my grandfather Lorenzo, B. 08 Dec 1887, was born. She would only have been age 42 at the time of Biase's death. At this point she had (5) children to take care of with no husband. Who, traditionally would take over support for her and her family, Her husband's oldest brother/ Or her father & Mother? Also I can only find Italian death records up to 1910. Is there another Italian website that has death records after 1910? Dennis
amirando

Post by amirando »

I am very curious about the Iaciofano family. I am a American Mirando, but my family is convinced we are Miranda's from Busso, Italy. My great-grandfather Antonio Mirando/a, when he immigrated to America married a Iaciofano. Her name is Theresa (Tessie), her mother and father's names are Joseph (b1855)and Felomina Iaciofano (Ziccardi) . I am assuming we are possible cousins. Once you see this, I hope to hear from you.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

amirando wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 13:45 I am very curious about the Iaciofano family. I am a American Mirando, but my family is convinced we are Miranda's from Busso, Italy. My great-grandfather Antonio Mirando/a, when he immigrated to America married a Iaciofano. Her name is Theresa (Tessie), her mother and father's names are Joseph (b1855)and Felomina Iaciofano (Ziccardi) . I am assuming we are possible cousins. Once you see this, I hope to hear from you.

Giuseppe Iaciofano, age 19, contadino, born in Busso, son of Nicola and Concetta Pinto, and Filomena Ziccardi, age 23, contadina, born in Busso, daughter of Giuseppe and Luisa del Cioppo, were married on 23 FEB 1875 in Busso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno d’Italia. Source: Busso (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1733183/MATRIMONI 1875/Numero Settimo, 23 FEB 1875.

Teresa Iaciofano, daughter of Giuseppe, age 41, contadino, and Filommena Ziccardi, was born 27 MAR 1888 in Busso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno d’Italia. Source: Busso (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1732873/NATI 1888/Numero Ventidue 22, 29 MAR 1888.

This appears to be your Iaciofano line. I believe we are 8th cousins via Luisa del Cioppo. Our common ancestors are Geronimo Bernardo Villano (ch 20 AUG 1654) and Catarina de Robertis (ch 25 DEC 1659), both of Campobasso.

Your Miranda line is a little more complicated. The surname Miranda is not indigenous to Busso. However, I have encountered two brothers who moved to Busso after marrying women born in Busso. Francesco Miranda of Ottajano (an ancient commune in the shadow of Vesuvius, now known as Ottaviano), son of Antonio and Michela Baccia, married Mariantonia Corona of Busso in 1885. His brother Pietro Miranda married Eufemmia Picciano of Busso in 1886 (they had a son in 1885 before they were married). Both raised their families in Busso. Both had sons named Antonio. Pietro Miranda had a son named Giovanni Antonio in 1885 and Francesco Miranda had a son named Vito Antonio in 1886. I did a quick index search through 1900 and found no one else named Antonio Miranda. If your Miranda line is actually from Busso, then I suspect one of these two possibilities is that line. Do you have any information that would help solve the puzzle?
John Armellino