Searching for Gallucci's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rav78

Searching for Gallucci's

Post by Rav78 »

I am searching for Gallucci's from either the Naples or Genoa area's (I know - quite a distance between the two).

Olindo Gallucci (b. approx 1890) married Cornelia Maio, presumably in Italy before emigrating to England where the first of their children was born in 1908 in Edmonton, North London.

Does anybody have any ideas as to even how to begin this research? Both Naples and Genoa have been mentioned as places of origin!!!

Regards,

Daniel
Rav78

Re: Searching for Gallucci's

Post by Rav78 »

Ok so I believe that I've now narrowed it down to the Campania region of Italy on the Tyrrhenian coast. I also know that Olindo retired to Formia in the same region in 1927.

Can anyone advise how I can proceed from here and where I can look?

Cheers,

Daniel
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Daniel: currently no Gallucci in Formia directory.. the surname is most present in this area but also and especially in Naples area... if you sure that Olindo back in Formia, well you can write to Formia's Major ( no online the email of right office, but to write directly to Major is also better)and

to ask the records that you need: sindaco @ comune.formia.lt.it ( no spaces)
here the website

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Rav78

Post by Rav78 »

Thanks for this...I'll give it a shot :-)
JGallucci

Post by JGallucci »

Hi, My father is from Castleforte. His name is Rossano and he was born in 1948. His father was Remo Gallucci. I have just started tracking down history so any connections would be a great help. I also live in Essex!
My Father, Rossano Gallucci is from Castelforte and was born in 1948, the son of Remo Gallucci. I am looking for any connections.
Rav78

Post by Rav78 »

JGallucci wrote:Hi, My father is from Castleforte. His name is Rossano and he was born in 1948. His father was Remo Gallucci. I have just started tracking down history so any connections would be a great help. I also live in Essex!
Hi, try looking at this thread also - http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 10291.html

If your Gallucci's are from Castelforte then we may well have a connection as I have established my wife's Gallucci family are from the same town.

I am at work currently, but will try and respond later with more details.
JazzyBill

Post by JazzyBill »

I have a great great Grandmother named Philomena Gallucci that I am trying to get information on. I would say she was born 1850's she had my great grandmother in 1879 from little town called Anversa degli Abruzzi, which is in the province of Abruzzi whose capitol is a town called L'Aquila
gilmar2212

Post by gilmar2212 »

Hello, I'm Gilmar Gallucci from Brazil, and I am looking for informations about my ancestors Giuseppe Gallucci and Maria Concetta Mottola (Motari, or Motta), who lived in Naples around 1850; their son, Rocco Gallucci came to Brazil as immigrant in 1885; my email: gilmargallucci@hotmail.com