passenger record for domenico pasquarello

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

passenger record for domenico pasquarello

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

according to the 1900 and 1910 census domenico arrived in 1888 age about 20.born ca.june 1868 in italy.no idea where.died in middleboro mass.in january 1919 age 50.tried both boston and new york passenger lists-the most likely-and covered a few years either way,went by both pasquarello and a slight variant pasquariello.nothing.first wifes name was maria,born about 1860,but arrived later.second wife was caroline rootes,born in england about 1870.although ithink i've covered all possibilities,and further suggestions would be most appreciated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: passenger record for domenico pasquarello

Post by Tessa78 »

For reference ...
Is this your Domenico in the 1910 Census?

Dominico Pasquarello
United States Census, 1910
Name: Dominico Pasquarello
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1910
Event Place: Middleboro, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Race (Original): White
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Birth Year (Estimated): 1870
Birthplace: Italy
Immigration Year: 1888
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
Dominico Pasquarello Head M 40 Italy
Caroline L Pasquarello Wife F 39 England
Antonillo Pasquarello Son M 14 Massachusetts
James A Pasquarello Son M 3 Massachusetts
Aldeara L Pasquarello Daughter F 0 Massachusetts
Agnes E Lord Stepdaughter F 12 Massachusetts
Rocco Baramby Boarder M 47 Italy
District: 1226 , Sheet Number and Letter: 34B , Household ID: 753 , Affiliate Name: The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) , Affiliate Publication Number: M1283 , GS Film number: 1374625 , Digital Folder Number: 004330093 , Image Number: 00500

POSSIBLE marriage to Caroline Rootes?
Domenico's parents' names listed here :-)
Dominico G. Pasquarello
mentioned in the record of Dominico G. Pasquarello and Carolina L. Rootes Ford
Name: Dominico G. Pasquarello
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 24 Oct 1905
Event Place: Boston, Massachusetts
Marital Status: Widowed
Birth Year (Estimated): 1867
[b]Father's Name: Vincenzo Pasquarello
Mother's Name: Philomena Altieri
[/b]
Spouse's Name: Carolina L. Rootes Ford
Spouse's Marital Status: Widowed
Spouse's Father's Name: James F. E. Rootes
Spouse's Mother's Name: Louisa L. Stone
Certificate Number: 214

DEATH of Domenico?
Dominick George Pasquarello
Massachusetts, State Vital Records
Name: Dominick George Pasquarello
Event Type: Death
Event Date: 16 Jan 1919
Event Place: Middleborough, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
Birth Year (Estimated): 1869
Father's Name: James Pasquarello (James is an Americanization of Vincenzo :-) )
Mother's Name: Philomena Aldera
Spouse's Name: Carrie Parry
Certificate Number: 6
Page: 272

DEATH of first wife Maria (This gives her maiden name as Capella - it is under this name that she would have traveled to USA)
Maria C. Capella Pasquerillo
Massachusetts, Deaths
Name: Maria C. Capella Pasquerillo
Event Type: Death
Event Date: 15 Jun 1905
Event Place: Middleboro, Massachusetts
Marital Status: Married
Birth Year (Estimated): 1860
Burial Date: 16 Jun 1905
Burial Place: Middleboro
Cemetery: St. Mary's
Father's Name: Dominick Capella
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Name: Maria
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Spouse's Name: Dominick Pasquerillo
Reference ID: v 66 cn 252 , GS Film number: 2071015 , Digital Folder Number: 4292431 , Image Number: 1444

POSSIBLE marriage of a son, Giuseppe???
Domenico Pasquarello
mentioned in the record of Giuseppe Pasquarello and Antonina Pennacchio
Name: Domenico Pasquarello
Wife: Maria A Gloriosa
Son: Giuseppe Pasquarello

Other information in the record of Giuseppe Pasquarello and Antonina Pennacchio
from Massachusetts, Marriages
Name: Giuseppe Pasquarello
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 13 Mar 1911
Birth Date: 1887
Birthplace: , , Italy
Registration Place: Boston, , Massachusetts
Birth Year (Estimated): 1887
Father's Name: Domenico Pasquarello
Mother's Name: Maria A Gloriosa
Spouse's Name: Antonina Pennacchio
Spouse's Father's Name: Pasquale Pennacchio
Spouse's Mother's Name: Rosa Bonocore
Certificate Number: 6449
Number of Images: 1
GS Film number: 2409942 , Digital Folder Number: 4329367 , Image Number: 00382

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

yes.the domenico living in middleboro is the correct subject.no idea who the domenico born in 1887 is.no connection.this domenico only had 1 son,anthony,born in 1895 to first wife maria(capella).as she arrived in 1890 according to census info.i assume they married between 1890-1895 but i found no marriage in mass.she died in 1905.that same year domenico married caroline rootes and had a son james in 1906,followed by 2 daughters several years later.all the info.regarding domenico's marriage and his death is the correct subject.found no maria capella, born ca.1860 in italy, in the new york or boston passenger records either.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Arrival records for 1888 to New York would not be for Ellis Island... it would be at Castle Garden.
Will check and see what I can find...

EDIT TO ADD:
The early arrivals give VERY LITTLE information, unfortunately!

Here is a POSSIBLE arrival... year is 1892 -
Arriving NY on Hesperia
Name: D Pasquariello
Arrival Date: 26 Apr 1892
Birth Date: abt 1870
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Hesperia

Link at Ancestry
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... turnRecord

Link at Familysearch
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J6TF-QMR
T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

not to my knowledge.giuseppes mother was maria gloriosa-not capella.and even if this giuseppe were the son of domenico and maria(unlikely as he would have been only 19)its still not the passenger record of domenico.to my knowledge anthony,born in 1895,was the oldest child,although i cant find his birth either.i checked castle garden as well.found nothing
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

see addition to above post.

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i saw that tessa.i question it as the year domenico gave is 1888 not 1892.even allowing for a year or two error-thats 4 years.also,according to domenico's death record(jan.1919)he was 50 years 7 mos. making him born about june 1868.1870 would be an approximate guess if records werent available.1867 was the guess in his 1905 marriage.i go by the 1919 death record.1868.who knows.this is why i wanted to find the correct passenger record-so i could find his comune of birth in italy.none of the several domenico pasquarello's found give a comune of origin.i checked the cognomi dei italia site,if maria capella's passenger record could have been found that might have been a clue,as theres a good chance both she and domenico were from the same comune.which gives areas of surnames found in italy.pasquerello is very heavy in campania.but just where? thats the question.i wish the death records gave the exact place of birth rather than just the country italy.they never do.same with my research in quebec.although i know they were most likely born in quebec-french canada-the death records only say canada.frustrating.occasionally obits will give that information.but not in those times.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Sometimes the WWI registration card gives the town of birth, but I have not been able to locate one for Domenico...

As to the accuracy of the US records... not as reliable as you would think.
Especially death records -for which the information is not given by the person whose information is being recorded but by survivors who may not know the facts accurately. :)

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i know this tessa.also,census records are better for locating residency than being accurate for ages.death records are reliant on whoever is available to give the information.usually spouse or children.and they may not know for certain.i well know that.as domenico was about 50 in ww 1 and married with young children he was probably ineligible for service anyway.doubtful men that age were sought after as soldiers.he may also have been a victim of the flu epidemic of 1918 as he died in january 1919 of endocarditis,an inflamation of the heart.possibly a result of the flu???
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

mezzogiorno62 wrote:i know this tessa.also,census records are better for locating residency than being accurate for ages.death records are reliant on whoever is available to give the information.usually spouse or children.and they may not know for certain.i well know that.as domenico was about 50 in ww 1 and married with young children he was probably ineligible for service anyway.doubtful men that age were sought after as soldiers.he may also have been a victim of the flu epidemic of 1918 as he died in january 1919 of endocarditis,an inflamation of the heart.possibly a result of the flu???
He would have been required to register -
World War I Alien Registration Records
Following the beginning of United States involvement in World War I, all resident aliens who had not been naturalized, were required, as a security measure, to register with the U.S. Marshal nearest their place of residence. A failure to register risked interment or possible deportation. This registration occurred between November 1917 and April 1918.
T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

at 50 he seemed a bit old for that.also not sure if he was naturalized or not.my grandfather was 48 in 1918 and was never registered.and he was never naturalized.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

mezzogiorno62 wrote:at 50 he seemed a bit old for that.also not sure if he was naturalized or not.my grandfather was 48 in 1918 and was never registered.and he was never naturalized.
It was not like a selective service draft. ALL alien resident men (regardless of age) were required to register. :-)

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i checked ancestry.com for any record of my grandfather,antonio ricco.and an alien registration for him.nothing.and he was never naturalized.he died in 1953.and i find nothing for domenico pasquarello either.so no idea why.both men were not registered as aliens.no idea if domenico was naturalized-but my grandfather definitely wasn't.on the other hand,my maternal grandfather,francois desforges,was registered and actually served in 1917/1918.but he was born in the u.s.a. and in 1894-much younger than my paternal immigrant grandfather.it appears more likely that men born after 1880 would be registered as they were more of military age and more able to serve,unlike older men born before 1880,as most of these men were over 40 and were married with families.being 48 in 1918 with a wife and family was completely different from being 24 and single.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Where did your GF Antonio Ricco live in US?
And what year was he born approx. ?

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

HE WAS BORN IN 1870 IN AVELLINO.CAME HERE IN 1900.ALWAYS LIVED IN MASSACHUSETTS.DIED IN 1953.ACTUALLY SERVED IN THE ITALIAN ARMY FROM 1888(COMPULSORY SERVICE STARTING AT AGE 18)TO THE TIME HE LEFT ITALY AT AGE 30.MY GRANDMOTHER,MARIA COSTANTE,WAS BORN IN MESSINA IN 1883 AND CAME TO BOSTON WITH HER ADOPTIVE MOTHER/WETNURSE IN 1902.SHE DIED IN 1961.SHE DIDNT BECOME A CITIZEN UNTIL 1960,THE YEAR BEFORE HER DEATH.MY GRANDFATHER WAS NEVER NATURALIZED.NO IDEA WHY.BOTH MY GRANDPARENTS REGISTERED AS ALIENS DURING WW2.I HAVE THEIR CARDS.