research experts in messina province

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

research experts in messina province

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

my paternal grandmother,maria costante,was born in barcellona pg messina in 1883 ignoti genitori.her wetnurse,maria bonarrigo,informally adopted her.maria bonarrigo's husband was francesco landino.my grandmother considered this couple her parents.this couple had 3 natural children.all born in barcellona pg.salvatore in 1872,rosalia in 1877,and mattia in 1880.according to salvatore's birth record,francesco and maria were married.but according to rosalia's birth record they were non coniugale-not married.nothing is mentioned in the birth record of mattia.francesco was born in palermo in 1851.maria was born in gualtieri sicamino in 1847.i searched these comunes as well as barcellona pg and found no marriage record.as only children born in civil unions were considered legitimate,its possible francesco and maria married in a parish ceremony but not civilly.this means that francesco and maria could have been my grandmother's natural parents-but as they weren't married in a civil ceremony she was considered ignoti genitori.i've written to the parish of s.sebastiano in barcellona pg where my grandmother was baptized but haven't recieved a response yet.are there any experts out there that could help clarify any of this? thanks
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: research experts in messina province

Post by suanj »

here the Birth act of Maria Costante.. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,179386901

Maria Bonarrico is a " nutrice"= wet nurse
I believe she was the biological mother of Maria Costante, in effects she asked to clerk of to raise the baby...
by my experience in similar cases, who asked of to raise (and so also breastfeed) was the biological mother because she had the milk, and the birth act so wrote was a way to give her the little girl but without compromising her honor....
Some couple, for poverty cause, no recognized some child, but asking of to raise it, and the Commune given money for that.. this payment (little) allowed the family to live better....
practically: they sacrificed the a child identity to get money from the Municipality..

In Maria Costante Birth act it is no wrote that Maria Bonarrico was married.... so unmarried..
it could be possible, as happened in similar cases and by my experience, that Francesco married at Maria many years after the child births ... and in same marriage act, recognizing as own child the raised foundling....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks.i checked barcellona pg marriages from 1872(birth of first child salvatore)right up to 1902(when she left sicily for america with my grandmother and died 10 days after arrival)and found nothing.according to the birth of daughter rosalia in 1877 they were"non coniugale" or unmarried.also checked both palermo and gualtieri sicamino,where francesco landino and maria bonarrigo were born.nothing.i've written to the parish of s.sebastiano in barcellona pg to see if they were married there(non civil unions were not recognized although the parents may have married in a religious ceremony-making the children illegitimate)and i'm waiting for a response.francesco neither accompanied her nor was here waiting for her-meaning he most likely died in sicily.according to maria bonarrigo's death record,probably from information given by son salvatore,to whom she had come to live with my grandmother,francesco survived her.if thats true,he died after 1902.but as he was only 50 in 1902,he could have lived many more years afterwards.i checked both palermo(where he was born) and barcellona pg death records as far as i could and found nothing.so we have an elusive husband who could have died anywhere in messina or palermo provinces anytime after 1902 and possibly up to 1952 if he lived to be 100!this is the difficulty i'm having,not only in trying to establish if this couple ever married,but where/when francesco died.like trying to find a needle in a haystack.note:on the 1902 passenger record under the entry for marioa bonarrigo and my grandmother,maria"costante"they are noted as mother and adopted daughter.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

if some child was married in Barcellonas Pozzo di Gotto, by marriage act or marriage banner could be possible to descover if the parent's was married and alives( Maria surely, she died in 1902) I found:

Francesco Laudino

United States Italians to America Index

Name: Francesco Laudino
Event Type: Immigration
Event Date: 16 Jan 1889
Event Place: New York, New York, New York, United States
Birthplace: Italy
Ship Name: Anglia
Birth Year (Estimated): 1852
Departure Port: Naples
Literacy: Unknown
Destination Place: NEW YORK
Transit or Travel Compartment: Staying in the USA [Transit]; Steerage [Travel]
Affiliate Manifest ID: 00081287
Affiliate ARC Identifier: 1746097

Affiliate Publication Title: Italians to America Passenger Data File, 1855-1900
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1849782

It couyd be the your Francesco?.. maybe he immigrated before of Maria and died in USA....
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I found also this Death record:
Lidino Francesco 38 y Jan 29 1889 3204 (1889) Manhattan 1850 - 1851 1322658
Immigrated on 16 jan 1889 and decesead on 29 Jan 1889? no doubts that is the Francesco Laudino or Landino... the by handwriting the "n" can be read "u"...
what you think abt this record?
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i saw the passenger record from 1889 long ago.the age is close as francesco was born in late 1851 and would have been 37 in early 1889.he was a cocchiere in sicily,not a tailor.but that could have changed.the record could be him,but as there was no place of origin i couldnt be sure.if it said barcellona pg or even messina.francesco's father,salvatore,died in new york in 1884,and his son salvatore(the one to whom maria bonarrigo was coming to live with)died in new york in 1937.only francesco seems to be missing.where did you find this death record for francesco lidino in 1889(the one who emigrated the same month)? its possible its him if the name was misspelled.francesco had a sister,agostina,who had come to new york with her husband,antonino caldara,in 1874.could have died here after visting with his sister and brother in law.but why would it have stated on her death record(maria bonarrigo)that she was still married if her"husband"had died in 1889-13 years before her?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

you can search the any death record here: http://www.stevemorse.org/vital/nydeath.html
abt Maria Bonarrigo death record... the infos was given by informants... and no much accurate... also Maria Bonarrigo don't was married at Francesco... almost you don't find marriage record, etc etc...
and moreover was the english language problem, so the infos given... who know if the informant understood right and replied right?
Also it is possible that, if Francesco arrived and decesead in New York, after some year Maria had a new partner in Sicily... who know... and the informant said that she was married...

many explanations can be possible..
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

or the informant.probably her son salvatore,wanted to save face? any possible reason i guess.i ordered the film for the death record from lds.hopefully that will confirm it.if the parents are noted as salvatore and rosalia-or if wife is noted as maria bonarrigo,that will confirm it.thank you very much for your help! i see the link you used goes to the italgen website.i've used that frequently-and thats how i found the deaths of francesco's father salvatore and his son salvatore.i tried several variations of landino but never considered lidino.how did you come up with that?