Help - handwriting difficult to read - Serafini records

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Elizabeth MAT
Rookie
Rookie

Help - handwriting difficult to read - Serafini records

Post by Elizabeth MAT »

Hi ...

Looking for some help deciphering 3 records which may relate to my family - Serafini from Barga.

I don't need a specific translation, just the main facts to see if they tie in with anything I have found out so far. I am finding some of the writing hard to decipher especially since I have no knowledge of Italian.

My great grandparents were Antonio and Carlotta (nee Bonella) Serafini, farmers around Tiglio. Leopoldo, their son, my grandfather, was born in 1875 - recorded in Barga.

While looking for Antonio and Carlotta's marriage record in the Barga, Lucca records for 1866-1878 I found 3 other marriage records for Serafini. These are:

(1) Image #89 Bartolommeo Serafini & Teresa Funai in 1866
(2) Image #104 Giovanni Serafini & Rosa Talo in 1866
(3) Image #359 Carlo Serafini & Elvira Perpoli in 1867

I haven't yet found my great grandparents marriage record. Does it seem that any of the three above are related in anyway and could they be related to Antonio?

I would really appreciate some help with this. I'm also doing this research on an iPad, not a computer, so I am finding it limiting as to what I can manipulate.

Thank you ...Elizabeth

(My grandparents were Leopoldo and Rosa (nee Santi) Serafini.)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help - handwriting difficult to read - Serafini records

Post by Tessa78 »

Related thread with marriage of Leopoldo Serafini and Rosa Santi; and birth act of Rosa Santi. :-)
http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/itali ... logy/33890

Here is a quick summary of the records you listed:

1 - Bartolomeo Serafini, shopkeeper of age 53, resident of Barga, son of deceased Giovanni , figurine maker, and of Lucia Rocchiccio; widower of deceased Clorinda, daughter of deceased Ignazio Comparini.
Teresa Funai, domestic of age 31, resident of Barga, daughter of deceased Giovacchino, farmer and of living Francesca Cardosi

2 - Giovanni Serafini, age 30, was born in Lyon, France; the son of Lorenzo Serafini and of Elisabetta Sones(?), figurine makers
Rosa Talò was age 30, housekeeper, daughter of Raffaele Talò, and of Caterina Poli, bakers.

3 - Carlo Serafini was age 23, born and residing in Gallicano; son of Giovanni, and of Giovanna Piccinini, landowners and farmers residing as above.
Elvira Perpoli was age 23, landowner born and residing in Barga; daughter of deceased Giuseppe and of Rosa Ghiloni(?)

T.
Elizabeth MAT
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Elizabeth MAT »

Hi Tessa ...

Once again I have to thank you for your help. I'm beginning to feel more comfortable finding my way around, but it's wonderful to have individuals like yourself that one can seek help from.

Have a nice day.
Elizabeth
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Elizabeth MAT wrote:Hi Tessa ...

Once again I have to thank you for your help. I'm beginning to feel more comfortable finding my way around, but it's wonderful to have individuals like yourself that one can seek help from.

Have a nice day.
Elizabeth
Happy to help! :-)

T.