LoCicero Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jloci1559

LoCicero Surname

Post by jloci1559 »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for information from anyone on the surname LoCicero. I'm a subscriber to the Termini Imeresi database and have some information. Family came from TI and settled in Quincy Massachusetts. Have found an Angelo LoCicero born in 1874 but was born in Cefalu Palermo Sicily and think he was the older brother of my grandfather Vincenzo LoCicero. It gets complicated as Vincenzo was born a Russo in TI, as his mother Cristina Russo and father Salvatore Russo were not married and he is listed as father unknown, I did find an older brother Francesco and sister Guissepina with same mother and Salvatore for a father in TI. Vincenzo's death certificate in Quincy MA lists father as Salvatore and mother as unable to be determined. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: LoCicero Surname

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I haven't quite woken up yet, so am uncertain as to what exactly you are looking to find. Can you be more definitive?

As to "Vincenzo's death certificate in Quincy MA lists father as Salvatore and mother as unable to be determined", this is more common than you might think. It has always been my impression that Italians tend to fall into two categories: those who are extremely family-centric and those who are quite the opposite.

I have six brothers aged 53 to 65 years and I guarantee you that several of them have no idea as to our mother's parents' names nor the full name of our deceased paternal grandmother. Death certificate details are usually - even today - based on information obtained from the "declarent" who is often a spouse or elder child of the deceased. In the case of my mother, even her New York birth certificate would not have been of much help as it was riddled with huge errors until a year ago after I spent six months and a few hundred dollars to finally get it corrected in full.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Like John said with death records some of them are great but some of them not so great you have to remember they are getting info from informats of the family so thats a problem right there. My records are backup by other records its like going on Ancestry and latching on to some family tree someone has posted going back to 1700 just because the family name is Smith.I have found plenty of mistakes on records and through hard work and help on translating records on this site I have backed those records up.
Have you gotten records of birth on Vincenzo from TI from FHL and if you do have them post them on here using imageshack.com so we can see.My great grandfather was born in 1868 I found his dad name on his birth record in Trabia and starting guessing on his marriage publication date I tryed 1840-1846 and pop there it was 1842 and open a whole new wealth of info
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

jloci1559 wrote:Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for information from anyone on the surname LoCicero. I'm a subscriber to the Termini Imeresi database and have some information. Family came from TI and settled in Quincy Massachusetts. Have found an Angelo LoCicero born in 1874 but was born in Cefalu Palermo Sicily and think he was the older brother of my grandfather Vincenzo LoCicero. It gets complicated as Vincenzo was born a Russo in TI, as his mother Cristina Russo and father Salvatore Russo were not married and he is listed as father unknown, I did find an older brother Francesco and sister Guissepina with same mother and Salvatore for a father in TI. Vincenzo's death certificate in Quincy MA lists father as Salvatore and mother as unable to be determined. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!
Hi, maybe it is better to understand well abt your Vincenzo, by some record:
1920 United States Federal Census about Vincenzo Lo Cicero
Name: Vincenzo Lo Cicero
[Vincenzo Locicero]
Home in 1920: Quincy Ward 4, Norfolk, Massachusetts
Estimated birth year: abt 1878
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
[Head]
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Own
Year of immigration: 1900 (??? Maybe 1910, because he had children in Italy, and the first son was born abt in 1903; the others in 1905)
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page

Household Members: Name Age
Vincenzo Lo Cicero

A trip:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Vincenzo Locicero
Name: Vincenzo Locicero
Arrival Date: 16 Jun 1928
Birth Year: abt 1877
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Roma

Naturalization: Norfolk 28 sep 1923 paper 1278302

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Vincenzo Locicero
Name: Vincenzo Locicero
City: Quincy
County: Norfolk
State: Massachusetts
Birth Date: 10 May 1877
FHL Roll Number: 1674428
DraftBoard: 0

Next of kin Maria Lo Cicero Quincy, MA

1930 United States Federal Census about Vincenzo Lo Cicero
Name: Vincenzo Lo Cicero
Home in 1930: Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts
View Map

Estimated birth year: abt 1878
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Mary Lo Cicero

Education:

Military Service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace:
View image

Neighbors: View others on page

Household Members: Name Age
Vincenzo Lo Cicero
Mary Lo Cicero
Angelo Lo Cicero
Peter Lo Cicero

Wife Maria Lo Cicero nee Zuccaro and childrens: Angelo, Pietro and Giuseppe Lo Cicero arrivals
Pag 1 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0003

Pag 2 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0003

All born in Termini Imerese, last residence Terrasini, next of kin in Terrasini: Russo Cristina mother in law of Maria Lo Cicero nee Zuccaro
So the mother of Vincenzo was Cristina RUSSO, no doubts.

In Quincy, also a brother of Vincenzo , Angelo LO Cicero son of Salvatore LO Cicero and Cristina Russo; marriage record:
Groom's Name: Angelo Cicera
Groom's Birth Date:
Groom's Birthplace:
Groom's Age:
Bride's Name: Cocetta Raimonda
Bride's Birth Date:
Bride's Birthplace:
Bride's Age:
Marriage Date: 27 Sep 1904
Marriage Place: Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States
Groom's Father's Name: Salvatoro Cicera
Groom's Mother's Name: Christina Russi
Bride's Father's Name: Paulo
Bride's Mother's Name: Orssola Matassa
Groom's Race:
Groom's Marital Status:
Groom's Previous Wife's Name:
Bride's Race:
Bride's Marital Status:
Bride's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I00858-5
System Origin: Massachusetts-ODM
Source Film Number: 745493

Angelo Lo Cicero brother of Vincenzo, if I am right, was born the 27 Mar 1874( by naturalization ); by military record:
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Angelo Lecicero
Name: Angelo Lecicero
City: Quincy
County: Norfolk
State: Massachusetts
Birth Date: 7 Mar 1874
FHL Roll Number: 1674428
DraftBoard: 0

Now, we know not for sure if Vincenzo was born in Termini Imerese or only the wife and children… I no found the Vincenzo arrival and angelo arrival; this records could be helpfuls for to know the last residence,; also if you can try abt the marriage act of Vincenzo Lo Cicero and Maria Zuccaro as a well the marriage banner, you can find more infos abt Vincenzo birthplace and parent’s names…
All the best,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jloci1559

Post by jloci1559 »

Thanks so much for the replies, sorry if I was cryptic. I am really looking for anyone with information on LoCicero in their trees to compare with mine.

I have not yet gotten the birthcertificates from TI as of yet, that is a future project, I have just reviewed, the data base that lists the film #'s.

I'd always though my family name was LoCicero so imagine my surprise (and my father's) when going to the Termini Imeresi data base I found that my grandfather's parents weren't married until 1902, some 6 years after his birth and 3children, the last 2 sons were born after the 1902 wedding.

Further surprising was the fact that my great grandfather Vincenzo is actually listed as father unknown and his last name is listed as Russo, not LoCicero. In fact my grandfather is listed on the TI website as Russo-LoCicero for a last name. I see on the TI database that his mother Cristina Russo had 2 older children with Salvatore LoCicero (Francesco and Giusippina) Given the fact that my grandfather is Salvatore I am assuming it is the same ather for Vincenzo.

I am aware of the issues with death certificates and do plan to get the Alligeti for all the marriages when they are available. I am trying to see if anyone has common ancestor's with me.

Thanks,
Judy
pebbles67

Post by pebbles67 »

I have a great grampa named Angelo Lo Cicero -1 of his sons is my grandpa Peter Lo Cicero he had brothers and sistets some of their names uncle Sam, uncle Gus if i remember his name right , aunt Rosalie and aunt Carmela. I no their r more but cant remember their names Angelo came over from Sicily many times going back and forth 2 Tampa , Fl between 1890-1910 -about. My name is Connie I dont no if u r related 2 me. Plesse reply back even if u r not related so i will no. Ps i think his mother's name was RosalieHullo. Thank you.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

pebbles67,
Do you know from where in Sicily your GGF Angelo Lo Cicero came? The name (and its variant Cicero) is found throughout the island.

I have some people in my extended tree with that surname born in Cattolica Eraclea, San Giuseppe Jato, Santo Stefano Quisquina, and Ribera (where it was often written Leo Cicero and eventually became Leo or Di Leo).
pebbles67

Post by pebbles67 »

My great grampa Angelo Lo Cicero came from Santo Stefano, Sicily born somewhere around yr. 1850
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Rosalia Lo Cicero
Index#151
1885 July 6th in Santo Stefano Quisquina birth of Rosalia Lo Cicero daughter of Angelo Lo Cicero age 32( son of Pasquale Lo Cicero) and his wife Rosalia GULLO (daughter of Michele Gullo

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349542701

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Angelo Lo Cicero

Italy, Births and Baptisms

Name: Angelo Lo Cicero
Christening Date: 24 Jul 1853
Birth Date: 23 Jul 1853
Birthplace: Santo Stefano Quisquina, Agrigento, Italy
Father's Name: Pasquale Lo Cicero
Father's Age: 35
Mother's Name: Felicia Medulla
Mother's Age: 33

Marty

Marty
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Here are Pasquale and Felicia's marriage details:
Name: Pasquale Lo Cicero
Birth Date: 1813
Birthplace: Alessandria della Rocca, Agrigento, Italy
Spouse's Name: Felicia Mendulla
Spouse's Birth Date: 1822
Spouse's Age: 28
Event Date: 02 Sep 1850
Event Place: Santo Stefano Quisquina, Agrigento, Italy
Father's Name: Felice
Mother's Name: Domenica Simonara
Spouse's Father's Name: Domenico
Spouse's Mother's Name: Concetta D'Angelo
Marital Status: Widowed
Previous Wife's Name: Francesca Nocera
Spouse's Marital Status: Single
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

I suspect that is Rosalia Gullo's birth record:

Name: Rosalia Gullo
Christening Date: 14 Jul 1859
Birth Date: 14 Jul 1859
Birthplace: Cammarata, Agrigento, Italy
Father's Name: Michele Gullo
Father's Age: 38
Mother's Name: Carmela Pullara Gagliota
Mother's Age: 34

Michele Gullo and Carmela Pullara Agliata (the Cammarata birth record is in error, or the person who transcribed it) were from Santo Stefano, where they married and most of their other children were born. Here is their marriage record:

Name: Michele Gullo
Birth Date: 1820
Spouse's Name: Carmela Pullara D'Angelo
Spouse's Birth Date: 1827
Spouse's Age: 20
Event Date: 28 Mar 1847
Event Place: Santo Stefano Quisquina, Agrigento, Italy
Father's Name: Ignazio
Mother's Name: Rosa Mortellaro
Spouse's Father's Name: Calogero
Spouse's Mother's Name: Crocefissa D'Angelo
Marital Status: Single
Spouse's Marital Status: Single

(Carmela's father Calogero's surname was actually Pullara Agliata. That's a double name, a combination of the names Agliata and Pullara. Members of this family appear under either name or a combination of the 2 names. Thus Carmela's surname in her marriage record is a combination of her father's and her mother's. This was a common practice at the time, at least in Agrigento province.)

Unfortunately, to confirm that this was really Rosalia's birth record I'd need her marriage record or her death record. I searched Santo Stefano marriage records from 1872 to 1885, but Angelo and Rosalia's marriage wasn't in the years where records are available (1872, 1874-75, 1878-80, 1883-85). They probably married in 1876, 1877, 1881, 1882, or 1883.

I have linked most of the other Gullo people in Santo Stefano in the 1st half of the 19th c., but not Michele or Ignazio yet, although I'm pretty sure I have their relatives in my tree. I have some other marriages between the Gullo and Pullara Agliata families of Santo Stefano at that time.
pebbles67

Post by pebbles67 »

I believe Pasquale Lo cicero and Rosalia Gullo 2 be my gggfather i was able 2 go back as far as that many years ago. My grandfather Peter Lo cicero married Connie Romano she was born around somewhere between 1908-1913 had a sister Josaphine, a brother Louie and maybe another sistet but i dont know her name does anyone have information on Connie Romano
pebbles67

Post by pebbles67 »

I believe Pasquale Lo cicero and Rosalia Gullo 2 be my gggfather i was able 2 go back as far as that many years ago. My grandfather Peter Lo cicero married Connie Romano she was born around somewhere between 1908-1913 had a sister Josaphine, a brother Louie and maybe another sistet but i dont know her name does anyone have information on Connie Romano
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »