Campagna/Rocca family from Termini Imerese

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DRendek

Post by DRendek »

Searching for family information in Termini Imerese on the Agostino Campagna (Born 1878) and Maria Rocca. Agostino imigrated through Ellis Island in 1899 to Chicago, Illinois and Maria Rocca (born 1872?)imigrated in 1900. Both still have family in Termini Imerese.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

please advise what you want to achieve? Peter
DRendek

Post by DRendek »

Would like to get copies of birth certificates, church records. I would like to find their siblings but I am kind of at a standstill until I can get more information in Italy. Am not sure how to go about locating my grandparents ancestors.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Ask your relatives to get a Certificato di Stato di Famiglia for father of Agostino and that will give you his entire family including Agostino. If you wish to do it directly by mail without bothering them then get back to me. I am a bit rushed since I just got back and I don;t have time to give you alternative. Peter
DRendek

Post by DRendek »

I would like to send off directly without having to ask them. There are only my father and Aunt that are still living here in the states and I know they would prefer me to do it since I am the one working on genealogy. If you could let me know how to go about it I would greatly appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks! You have been helpful so far.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Ufficio di Stato Civile, Ufficio Anagrafe, Comune di Termini Imerese, postale 90018, Provincia Palermo, Sicily Italy and go to www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp for form letter in Italian. Send self addressed envelope with $5.00 for stamps. The service is free but it is suggested amount. Peter
DRendek

Post by DRendek »

When you say send $5.00 do you mean five dollars in cash american money? Thank you for all your help. I had one more question. I didn\'t know my Great Great Grandfather\'s birthdate. It asks for that in the form letter. I instead put my Great Grandfather\'s name because I do know his birthdate. Will this give me information on my Great-Great Grandfather, Cosimo also?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can send postal coupons or cash or pay for an international bank cherck. As for Agostino\'s fathers birth date. if you don\'t know then request Agostinos birth certificate with fathers and mothers ages so you can know the years of birth and then request the certificato. Why not ask your relatives in Italy?? Peter
DRendek

Post by DRendek »

I would love to ask my relatives in Italy. Unfortunately I do not know them. My father\'s second cousin was in Termini Imerese in 1997. He sent my father pictures of my great grandmother\'s sister in law and her family but the only name he referred to was Mrs. Marie Rocco. She married on of my Great Grandma\'s brothers. He wrote that he found some of our relatives but apparently mentioned names and specifics. I have recently started researching from what little information I have. The cousin died in 2000. It has been difficult for me since most of the relatives that I knew growing up are deceased now. I wish I had started this years ago! I would like to start relationships with my relatives in Italy and hopefully one day soon come to Termini and be able to meet them and see where my ancestors were from. I will try the birth certificate first. Thanks for all your help Peter!
<BR>Debbie
DRendek

Post by DRendek »

Sorry I had a typo! My father\'s cousin did not mention specifics or names. Only said that the Grandma\'s did not come to America.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You may as well get his birth certificate anyway but if you are in a hurry you can deduct 21 years from Agostino\'s birth on the chance he was the first son. In Italy they always married after the army and came home from the armyh when they were 20. Peter
DRendek

Post by DRendek »

Thank you very much for that information. I am finding the Italian traditions extremely fascinating! The more I learn the more I want to know more! Italian naming traditions seem to be the case with my family. My father is August Joseph, his father was Cosimo Joseph, Cosimo\'s father was Agostino Cosimo and then Agostino\'s father is Cosimo. I have ordred Euros insteas of sending cash. Thought this might be easier for them. Do you know the time frame I could expect to hear back once they receive my request? Thanks!
<BR>Debbie
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

A month or so depending on the individual since written requests from overseas are on last priority since they have to attend to walk-ins andother duties first. When you send a self addressed envelope put in a dollar for stamps as well. The service is free but the $5.00 for each document is \"suggested by the mormon church\". Peter
DRendek

Post by DRendek »

Thanks for all your help Peter!
<BR>Debbie
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

at your service madam. Peter