Almost there

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
eric.scopinho

Almost there

Post by eric.scopinho »

I've got a little more information of Luigi Scopigno. He died at Jun 20th of 1948 and had 89 years old that time. I don't know exactly your birthday, so he might be borned in 1858 or 1859.
What could be the next step? Any idea?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Almost there

Post by ricbru »

Why don't you look for his manifest ship list, marriage record and cemetery record? naturalization record if any?
There you'll probably find his place of birth, at least the province
bye ricbru
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

eric.scopinho wrote:I've got a little more information of Luigi Scopigno. He died at Jun 20th of 1948 and had 89 years old that time. I don't know exactly your birthday, so he might be borned in 1858 or 1859.
Hi in your previous topic the data are:
I'm quite sure that the correct surname would be SCOPIGNO due some sounds references I've got comparing others surnames. And probabily his first name would be Luigi.
Since my grand-father was born in 1912, probabily his father was born between 1870-1894.
So I guess I'm find a man call LUIGI SCOPIGNO borned between 1870-1894.His father would be ANTONIO SCOPIGNO.
1858/9 or 1870/94?
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
eric.scopinho

Post by eric.scopinho »

suanj wrote:
eric.scopinho wrote:I've got a little more information of Luigi Scopigno. He died at Jun 20th of 1948 and had 89 years old that time. I don't know exactly your birthday, so he might be borned in 1858 or 1859.
Hi in your previous topic the data are:
I'm quite sure that the correct surname would be SCOPIGNO due some sounds references I've got comparing others surnames. And probabily his first name would be Luigi.
Since my grand-father was born in 1912, probabily his father was born between 1870-1894.
So I guess I'm find a man call LUIGI SCOPIGNO borned between 1870-1894.His father would be ANTONIO SCOPIGNO.
1858/9 or 1870/94?
regards, suanj
The 1870-1894 was just a shot. But after get his dead certificate I saw that he died in 1948 with 89 years, so For sure he was born or in 1858 or 1859 depends on his birthday.
Also, I've seen at Ellis Island an guy called Amedeo Scopigno who was born in 1887. This guy came from Rieti Perugia/Italy, may be Luigi lived in this area too. The problem is that I could find Rieti Perugia in the Map, only Rieti. Am I wrong? Those 2 cities use to be the same in the past?