Inquiring More Info About Father's Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mandiepandie92

Inquiring More Info About Father's Family

Post by mandiepandie92 »

Hello :)

I am looking into kind of piecing the puzzle together. I have a lot of info already and just need the gaps filled in on my Father's Father's family. I know little about my Father's Mother which I will inquire about at some point. The info I know is what my father told me. We really want to be able to trace our last name Iacopelli as far back as we can. also, it is iacopelli not LACOPELLI like a lot of people mistaken ^_^

Here's what I have:
Father: Frank Salvatore Iacopelli born Bronx NY Aug 19, 1956
Grandfather: Salvatore Iacopelli - born Ballestrate Sicily Italy January 20 1924 -died Aug 1, 2011 NY
Grandmother: Anna Iacopelli (DeMarco) b, April 7, 1928, death Sept 27, 1985 resided in Bronx
Uncle: Thomas Iacopelli: B- Nov 9, 1960 residing in NY

His father Francesco Iacopelli b July 30, 1877 had married Rosalinda DiMaggio b May 29, 1895 - died May 1, 1924
When she had passed he married her sister Concettta DiMaggio b Aug 26 1887 - died March 1, 1944 who was my grandfathers mother.

His half siblings were:
Half Brother: Victor Iacopelli
Half Sister: Maria Antoinette Iacopelli

Sister:
Carolina Iacopelli born July 7, 1925 dies in Aug of 1999 don't have a specific date

Francesco's Father: Proccopio Iacopelli

Please help me fill in some gaps for my grandfather's family. Any documents, photos, census info would be great.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Inquiring More Info About Father's Family

Post by adelfio »

Baptism of Francesco Iacopelli
1877 July 29th in the town of Cinisi church of Santa Fara Vergine baptism of Francesco Iacopelli son of Proccopio Iacopelli and Antonia Zangara

Side note says married Concetta DiMaggio daughter of Salvatore DiMaggio and Rosa Bommarito (1922 Mar 21st)

PG LINK TO BAPTISM RECORD LEFT SIDE DOWN FROM TOP
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351058701

CIVIL BIRTH RECORD INDEX#127
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,352203601

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Procopio Iacopelli and Maria Antonia Zangara
Index#30
1873 April 24th in the town of Cinisi appeared Procopio Iacopelli age 25 and 2months born in Cinisi son of Giovanni Iacopelli and Antonia Mannino married to Maria Antonia Zangara age 20 and 4 months daughter of Francesco Zangara age 50 and Giuseppa Maltese age 49

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,352203601

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mandiepandie92

Post by mandiepandie92 »

Is there anything further back on Giovanni Iacopelli? Parents, siblings, records of any kind, occupation, anything?

Will be checking periodically. This is my dads Father's Day gift :-) more info on his family he will love this!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage publication of Giovanni Iacopelli and Antonia Mannino
1847 Jan 1st in the town of Cinisi church of Santa Fara Vergine announced marriage of Giovanni Iacopelli son of deceased Procopio Iacopelli and the living Rosalia Trapani to marry Antonina Mannino daughter of deceased Antonino Mannino and the living Caterina Sclafani

PG LINK TO RECORD TOP LEFT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351093501

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Francesco Zangara and Giuseppa Maltese
1847 Jan 24th in the town of Cinisi church of Santa Fara Vergine appeared Francesco Zangara son of Giuseppe Zangara and deceased Cosma Constanza married Giuseppa Maltese daughter of Domenico Maltese and Andriana Catarinicchia

PG LINK TO RECORD 2 DOWN RIGHT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351276001

Marty

Marty
mandiepandie92

Post by mandiepandie92 »

Is there any further info on Procoppio? This is where my research has ended in the line of Iacopelli.

Also, my grandma Anna DeMarco. I don't have any information on her and her family other than her father Thomas (Gaetano DeMarco) . Her mother was Rosina Ciocia and her parents were Nicola Ciocia and Carmela (no idea on maiden name) Please send whatever can be found including marriage to my grandfather ^_^
mandiepandie92

Post by mandiepandie92 »

adelfio wrote:Marriage publication of Giovanni Iacopelli and Antonia Mannino
1847 Jan 1st in the town of Cinisi church of Santa Fara Vergine announced marriage of Giovanni Iacopelli son of deceased Procopio Iacopelli and the living Rosalia Trapani to marry Antonina Mannino daughter of deceased Antonino Mannino and the living Caterina Sclafani

PG LINK TO RECORD TOP LEFT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351093501

Marty

Marty not sure I understand. Was Procoppio married to Zangara or Trapani? In the post before this is states Givovanni is the father of Procoppio but this says he is the son of Procoppio. Please clarify who is Rosalia Trapani
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

This how it goes
Francesco Iacopelli (1877) son of Proccopio Iacopelli and Antonia Zangara
then Procopio Iacopelli is the son of Giovanni Iacopelli and Antonia Mannino
then Giovanni Iacopelli is the son of Procopio Iacopelli and Rosalia Trapani

MARTY

Marty
mandiepandie92

Post by mandiepandie92 »

I know it's been awhile however were you able to find out ny more? Also, my grandma Anna DeMarco. I don't have any information on her and her family other than her father Thomas (Gaetano DeMarco) . Her mother was Rosina Ciocia and her parents were Nicola Ciocia and Carmela (I thing Guadagno) Any info is appreciated. Thank you.