Help translating birth record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sus80
Veteran
Veteran

Help translating birth record

Post by Sus80 »

Hi,

I think I found the birth record of our great-grandmother Maria (Mary) DeMartini in Lorsica. Her birth date was either 1891 or 1890, and I found her in October 1890.

Known name of the father Giovanni DeMartini, known name of the mother Rosa (Maria Rosa Giovanna) DeMartini, according to marriage record of daugher Maria. The age of the father fits (birth record that Marty found says 1866, in this birth record of the daughter in 1890 he is 24).
There is text beneath the record starting with "La bambina...". Could someone please help? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help translating birth record

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Maria Eugenia DeMartini
Index#116
1890 Oct 10th in the town of Lorscia birth of Maria Eugenia DeMartini daughter of Giovanni DeMartini age 24 mason and Rosa DeMartini

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Sus80
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Sus80 »

Oh, October 10th, thank you! Couldn't for the life of me make that out, haha.
This is neat since her sons name is Paul *Eugene* :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Is that from ancestry.com can you leave me the page link to the record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Sus80
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Sus80 »

Sus80
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Sus80 »

Oh my, I'm really losing track of all the records I have. So I had ordered the petition for naturalization for Maria DeMartini's husband earlier, and it turns out the birth date mentioned for his wife (Maria DeMartini) matches exactly this birth record I found!
10 October 1890, like Marty said!