Giuseppe Antonino Rubbino, Trabia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Giuseppe Antonino Rubbino, Trabia

Post by Marlena »

Hello, Can you tell me if this records says Giuseppe Antonino is the son of Giosasatto (sp?) , who is the son of Giuseppe Antonino? He died at 36? His wife was Anna Campisi daughter of Ciro?

Thank you as always,
Marlene
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246770501
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe Antonino Rubbino, Trabia

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

This is a birth record for Giuseppe Antonino Rubbino, born on 27 March 1873 . His father is Giosaffatto Rubbino, son of the late Giuseppe Antonino, 26yo, gardner (giardiniere). His mother is Anna Campesi, and she is 25 and the daughter of Ciro and ofcourse the wife of Giosaffatto.

Re the name "Giosaffatto", it can be spelt various ways, and this is how I am reading the spelling in this record.
Angela :)
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Thank you! What would Giosaffatto be translated to english?
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

len52mar wrote:Thank you! What would Giosaffatto be translated to english?
You are very welcome.

I don't think there is an English equivalent. We would just use the name Jehoshaphat (Hebrew) or maybe Josaphat and there are other variations just like there is for Giosaffatto. I believe that Giosaffatto is actually a variation of the Italian name Giosafat which translates to Jehoshaphat. Jehoshaphat is a well known biblical character appearing mainly in the Old Testament in the Book of Chronicles. I personally, have never seen the name anglicized.

Angela :D
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Thanks Angela, your group is so helpful !
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

len52mar wrote:Thanks Angela, your group is so helpful !
Happy to help :D So which group would that be, that you are meaning here?
Angela :)
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

All of the researchers on this site.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Oh yes! Ofcourse! (I'm obviously away with the angels :) ) I agree, this is a wonderful website, with very talented researchers.
Angela :D