Raffaele Bottari, Birth 1874, Tocco da Casauria

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Master
Master

Raffaele Bottari, Birth 1874, Tocco da Casauria

Post by JOHN08 »

My translation:

On the 23rd of March 1874, in Tocco Casauria, appeared Angelica Raulli, 35, midwife, living in Tocco, declared that on the 22rd of March, Maria Raulli, 31, daughter of Felicantonio, and wife of Rosario Bottari, 32, carpenter, son of deceased Sante, gave birth to a male baby, named Raffaele, in Tocco.

Witnesses: Gaetano di Liulio, son of deceased Clemente, 50, living in Tocco; also Carmine Carone (??), son of deceased Liberio, 63, peasant farmer, living in Tocco.

Maybe the midwife is the sister of Maria Raulli.

Appreciate any additions/corrections.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 1fiaxg.jpg
arturo.c
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Raffaele Bottari, Birth 1874, Tocco da Casauria

Post by arturo.c »

On the 23rd of March 1874, at 11:00 pm in the City Hall of Tocco Casauria, in front of me Filomeno Botta, Municipal Secretary, appeared Angelica Raulli, 35, midwife living in Tocco who, having attended to the delivery, declared that on yesterday the 22rd of March at 4:00 pm , Maria Raulli, 31, daughter of Felicantonio, and wife of Rosario Bottari, 32, carpenter, son of deceased Sante, residing in the house in Largo del Borgo gave birth to a male baby, which she showed to me, and which the parents named Raffaele.

The aforesaid informant, to my query, answered that the father didn't come to City Hall personally to declare the Birth due to him being away from town.

Witnesses: Gaetano di Giulio, son of deceased Clemente, 50, municipal worker, and Carmine Caponi, son of deceased Liborio, 63, peasant farmer, both living in Tocco.
JOHN08
Master
Master

Re: Raffaele Bottari, Birth 1874, Tocco da Casauria

Post by JOHN08 »

Arturo,

Thanks for your help!

John