Help: need to find family origin

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BELLUCCI777

Help: need to find family origin

Post by BELLUCCI777 »

Hello friends!

I'm brazilian and from both sides (maternal and paternal) I have italian ancestries. Every great grand parent immigrated to Brazil in the beggining of 1900s...

Obviously I'm very interested in taking my italian citizenship but I still need information of my great-grandparents. Just today after months of research I could find my maternal great-grandfather. So here I will put some info for the ones that can help me out...

MATERNAL SIDE (note that my great grandfather's sirname was actually Bellusci, but after him everyone got Bellucci)

ANTONIO BELLUSCI (great granfather)
BORN 21st of April 1886 (GRISOLIA, COSENZA, CALABRIA)
MARRIAGE 31st of October 1908 (Sao Simao, Sao Paulo, Brazil)
DEATH 18th of August 1964 (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
(his father's name was Pasquale Bellucci, his mother Maria Presta)

ANNUNZIATA SANFELLIPPO BELLUCCI (great grandmother)
NASC 21/04/1891 (Possibly Sicilia)
CASAMENTO 31/10/1908 (Sao Simao, Sao Paulo, Brazil)
DEATH 31/10/1973 (Sao Paulo)

PATERNAL SIDE

UMBERTO CARÁ (great grandfather)
BORN 1882 (no exact date, possibly in Calabria)
MARRIAGE 04th of September of 1900 (Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil)
DEATH 07th of February 1937 (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
(his father was called Antonio Cara and mother Raffaela Duafina)

ERNESTA BERGAMINI CARÁ (great grandmother)
BORN 23rd of August 1882 (Possibly from Badia Polesine, Rovigo, Veneto)
DEATH 04th of November 1947 (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
(came with parents Joao and Luiza)

Things/questions freaking me out:

1) maternal great grandfather's real sirname is Bellusci, according to documents a friend found in internet from Italy (I'm attaching them), in Brazil his marriage document has his sirname registered as BelluccE, and from my grandfather until me we are all Bellucci. Is it a real problem?

2) From paternal side (Cara sirname) probably all the names are right, but until now I couldnt find him not even in the immigrants register from Sao Paulo government. We found Antonio Cara (same name of his dad, but he wasnt together ..it seems). Would be great to find him as well.
http://200.144.6.120/memoriaimigrante/d ... s%20Livros

3) What would be my next steps (considering Antonio Bellusci)? Contacting Grisolia comune to obtain his birth document?

4) I don't have a clue how a guy in a brazilian forum has found the attachments I'm adding to this post, but of course they are real.

Hope some of you have tips for me!!! I really appreciate your help!

Grazie!!!

ULYSSES BELLUCCI CARA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help: need to find family origin

Post by adelfio »

Heres some info looking for more
Ernesta Bergamini was from Badia Polesine, Rovigo heres her parents marriage info

Marriage publication of Giovanni Bergamini and Luigia Faschini
1776 Jan 2nd in the town of Badia Polesine appeared Giovanni Bergamini a guard born in Rovigo resides in Badia Polesine son of Domenico Bergamini and deceased Maria Brasola to marry Luigia Faschini seamstress born and resides in Badia Polesine daughter of Alceste Faschini and Santa Quaglio

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1482864

1855 Oct 1st birth of Luigia Faschini born in Badia Polesine daughter of Alceste Faschini and Santa Quaglio
PG LINK TO RECORD

1846 July 13th birth of Giovanni Bergamini born in Rovigo the son of Domenico Bergamini and Maria Brasola
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
BELLUCCI777

Post by BELLUCCI777 »

Adelfio, GREAT!

You mean 1876, not 1776 for the marriage, right? Thanks very much for your help!

I would be really pleased to find records on the CARA sirname family. It has been very hard.

Do you have any tip?

Regards!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Pasquale Bellucci and Maria Presta
Index#7
1880 Oct 14th in the town of Grisolia appeared Pasquale Bellucci age 25 farmer born and resides in Grisolia son of Gaetano Bellucci and Antonia Russo?? married Maria Presta age 20 born and resides in the town of ??? daughter of Antonio Presta and Cherabina Fiore

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043464

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
BELLUCCI777

Post by BELLUCCI777 »

No words to describe the feeling of knowing such a long history. THANK YOU No one in the family ever heard about Pasquale´s and Maria´s fathers...amazing amazing.
BELLUCCI777

Post by BELLUCCI777 »

I´m not sure if is Antonia Russo, or maybe Ruffo, o Ruffio...

the city of Maria Presta seems to be Cippollini, right? I honestly can´t read Cherabina Fiore!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Heres the marriage publication of Pasquale Bellucci and Maria Presta its definitely Antonia Russo and the town is frazione Cipollina use to be of the town of Grisolia now part of the town of Santa Maria del Cedro
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

BELLUCCI777 wrote:I´m not sure if is Antonia Russo, or maybe Ruffo, o Ruffio...

the city of Maria Presta seems to be Cippollini, right? I honestly can´t read Cherabina Fiore!
Russo sounds correct
The city is Cipollina
The name of the bride's mother is Cherubina Forte (not 100% sure about the surname)
BELLUCCI777

Post by BELLUCCI777 »

adelfio wrote:Heres the marriage publication of Pasquale Bellucci and Maria Presta its definitely Antonia Russo and the town is frazione Cipollina use to be of the town of Grisolia now part of the town of Santa Maria del Cedro
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
One of the documents I´ve attached says that Antonio Bellusci was born in Grisolia. So I suppose I need to contact this comune to find his birth certificate, right? I got a bit confused with this Santa Maria del Cedro thing...
BELLUCCI777

Post by BELLUCCI777 »

Also, if anyone can help me find my paternal great grandfather would be perfect...
We found a immigration register in Brazil of Antonio Cara, maybe it´s his father, even because this register says he came with sons and wife Raffaela... The thing is that I can´t find any Umberto as his son, some people said me he could be the one named Francisco (Francesco) what means he could have 2 first names or maybe he changed (what we never heard about).

This is the link to the immigration record:

http://200.144.6.120/memoriaimigrante/d ... nos+Livros

UMBERTO CARÁ (great grandfather)
BORN 1882 (no exact date, possibly in Calabria)
DEATH 07th of February 1937 (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
(his father was called Antonio Cara and mother Raffaela Duafina)
BELLUCCI777

Post by BELLUCCI777 »

If this Antonio Cara is really the father of my great grandfather, then probably the family is from Montalto Uffugo...according to a friend...
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Possible info there is no Duafino surname in Italy
SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1879.Volume number 160,
document number 221 page 278 section b
Francesco Carà, enlisted on --/--/----
born on 28/08/1879 to MONTALTO UFFUGO
son/daughter of Antonio Carà and of Raffaela Orifino
PG LINK
http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/consulta/ ... heda.faces
Marty

Marty
BELLUCCI777

Post by BELLUCCI777 »

Adelfio, thankyou very much for all the support!