Cumiguano

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
geesam

Cumiguano

Post by geesam »

Hi,
<BR>
<BR>I have a question, I found my gr. grandmother and 1 of her children on the Ellis Island records. The place of residence is Cumiguano.
<BR>Now I would like to write and get a birth certificate on that child.
<BR>Where do I write, is Cumiguano the town, province or village?
<BR>I get confused.
<BR>
<BR>Also, there used to be an italian letter generator website, now that particular one does not exist. Does anyone know another one?
<BR>
<BR>Thank you for any help.
<BR>
<BR>Debbie
ptimber
Master
Master

Cumiguano

Post by ptimber »

Cumignano sul Naviglo, Postale 26020, Provincia Cremona, Lombardia region, Italy.. Address for documents is Ufficio di Stato Civile, comune di........ The websiote for form letters is circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp...Peter
geesam

Cumiguano

Post by geesam »

Hi Peter,
<BR>I am now trying to fill in the blanks for the form letter, and am having a hard time, what do I put in the line Comune di ( blank) and what is the cap code for Cumignano. Is this area near Naples?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks again so much.
<BR>
<BR>Debbie
ptimber
Master
Master

Cumiguano

Post by ptimber »

Go to the information above your question. Cumignano sul naviglo and the cap code is 26020. I gave you all this information in the previous response to your current question to me to repeat what I have already told you. Provincia Cremona in the Lombardia region is way to the North bordering s=Swtizerland where dsi you get ther idea it was near Naples?????????????? Did you ever take the time and effort to look at a MAP of Italy. It will enlighten you and increase your knowledge. Honest Injun it will. Peter
geesam

Cumiguano

Post by geesam »

Peter,
<BR>
<BR>After I wrote the message, I did in fact check the map, and realized where that was.
<BR>
<BR>I also checked the ellis island website again, the spelling I got of Cumiguano was from the text version of the manuscript, I checked the original again, and the handwriting is hard to decifer, it almost looks like a Z and not a G, and it sayd South Italy, I was told they were from naples, so maybe the spelling is closer to comiziano.
<BR>
<BR>I need to verify that before, I go further now.
<BR>
<BR>Thank you for your help.
<BR>
<BR>Debbie
ptimber
Master
Master

Cumiguano

Post by ptimber »

cumignano di Naviglo. Postale 26020.......................this is the town of originm for your people. Peter