Bieggio (Biaggs) Rinaldi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CorneRinaldi

Bieggio (Biaggs) Rinaldi

Post by CorneRinaldi »

I am trying to find information on our family tree. My husband (Peter Rinaldi)'s great great grandfather was born in Italy. Bieggio (Biaggs) Rinaldi moved to Scotland and his address in 1901 census was Cambuslang, Scotland.

I don't have much information about his birth, marriage or death. The only information I got from Scotland genealogy was that he was born about 1847, Wahansubject, Italy. He was married to Benedetta Lammara (born abt 1858). Their children were Giuseppe, Gerardo, Julia, Joseph, Antona, Peter (my husband's great grandfather), Christie, Runila, Alfred, Jamatish, Angle. Most of the children were born in Scotland.

Will appreciate any help in searching for Bieggio or Benedetta.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Bieggio (Biaggs) Rinaldi

Post by Italysearcher »

Rinaldi is found all over Italy, however many people from the Province of Frosinone emigrated to Scotland, especially from the area of Picinisco, Sant'ELia, Villa Latina. Rinaldi is found in Sant'ELia and Biagio is the local Patron Saint.
I have no suggestions for Lammara, it is not found today in the phone book. DId they marry in Scotland? If so check for the parish marriage, often the priest will have requested or noted the location of baptism.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
CorneRinaldi

Post by CorneRinaldi »

Thank you for some history. No they were not married in Scotland, they must have married in Italy as some of their children were born there.

I see from the Scotland cencus information I did found the spelling of names are not too accurate. I discovered it should also be Lamarra. Their children were Giuseppe, Francesca, Gerardo, Julio, Joseph, Antonio, Peter, Christine, Remilia, Alfredo, Jonatisto, Angelo. Quite different from the information in my initial post which was from the census :oops:
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello Corne,

Lamarra is found in San'Elia Fiumirapido, Frosinone and Rinaldi is also found in Frosinone.
My Capaldi Family came from Cassino, Frosinone to Edinburgh, and i can pretty much assure you a Birth record from Scotlands People website will tell you where the Parents married!

There are 6 Births found between 1898 and 1922 in Cambuslang for Rinaldi!

Cheers Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
CorneRinaldi

Post by CorneRinaldi »

Thank you for the information Jamie. I managed to find Biaggio & Benedetta's marriage date (20 March 1878 - San'Elia from Angelo Rinaldi's birth record. Not all their children's birthdays were recorded in Scotland birth records though. Any idea where I could perhaps get a copy of marriage certificate? I am in particular looking for more information on Biaggio and Benedetta
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Click the following link; https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... m%2F263615

Then sign up and order the film number on this line;
'Matrimoni 1860-1879 Family History Library INTL B1 Access Services 1883484 Item 4'

Then send it to your local Family History Centre to view!

Good Luck!

Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
CorneRinaldi

Post by CorneRinaldi »

Is there any way that someone could assist me. Our Family History Centres here in SA is not close by. I have paid them and they forwarded it to the centre, but I was not able to get it there. Is there any way that I could pay for it and have it send to someone's centre, who would be able to view it and send me a copy thereof.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi,maybe helpful:
by a trip in USA of Antonio Rinaldi resident in Cambuslang, Scotland:
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Antonio Rinaldi
Name: Antonio Rinaldi
Arrival Date: 25 Apr 1909
Birth Date: abt 1887
Birth Location: Scotland
Birth Location Other: edinburgh
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian
Port of Departure: Glasgow, Scotland
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Caledonia
well he joining at uncle Antonio Franchi in Detroit, Michigan..

the same Antonio in the trip of 28 Apr 1911, with wife Celestina and son Jose(Joseph), father Biaggio (Biagio) Rinaldi 630 Dalmar..... rd Glasgow, Scotland, joining again at uncle Antonio Franchi 151 Joseph st Detroit, Michigan..

I believe that Biagio Rinaldi birthplace could be the same of Antonio Franchi...
The Franchi in Michigan coming from ( mainly) Sant'Elia Fiumerapido and Villa Latina ( both in Frosinone province, IT)...

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
CorneRinaldi

Post by CorneRinaldi »

Hi Suan,

Thank you for the information. This is the correct Rinaldi's. I will have to become familiar with searching Italian records.
CorneRinaldi

Post by CorneRinaldi »

Marriage certificate - Biaggio Rinaldi & Benedetta Lamarra

I have ordered the film and went to view it today. This was rather challenging as I did not understand the document at all. I took a photo of the one that matches the names I have (Biaggio Rinaldi & Benedetta Lammara) but not sure if it is the correct record. Can someone perhaps let me know if it is the correct one or not.

The film will be kept for a week, should I not have the correct one to go back and view again. Not sure how to find the one I need. Any help will be appreciated.

I attached the file I took a photo of on the film.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Extract of the
Act of marriage
Dated 26 February 1876
United in Marriage in S. Elia Fiumerapido
Biagio Di Nallo, son of Angelo and of Colomba Pacitto
Born in S. Elia Fiumerapido, residing in S. Elia Fiumerapido, age 27
WITH
Benedetta La Marra, daughter of Francesco, and of Caterina Lanni
Born in S. Elia Fiumerapido, residing here, age 19

T.
CorneRinaldi

Post by CorneRinaldi »

Thanks Tessa,

I take it I have the incorrect marriage certificate. It is so difficult to find the marriage certificate on the film that was sent. Also not sure if it is actually the right film :cry:
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

CorneRinaldi wrote:Thanks Tessa,

I take it I have the incorrect marriage certificate. It is so difficult to find the marriage certificate on the film that was sent. Also not sure if it is actually the right film :cry:
Well, looking at the certificate... Is the surname of the groom the ONLY thing that is incorrect?
Does EVERYTHING else match what you know?

Is it possible that the surname Di Nallo, was somehow changed to Rinaldi, in Scotland?
If son, Angelo, was the first born, that would follow the Italian naming tradition since Biagio's father is Angelo in the record above.

You state above that you were able to get their marriage date off the birth record of Angelo...
20 March 1878

Look for March - written "marzo"
Year - 1878 - L'anno milleottocentosettantotto
1876 - L'anno milleottocentosettantasei
1877 - L'anno milleottocentosettantasette
This would appear USUALLY on the first line of the individual record.

KEEP LOOKING, and post your finds here and we will translate for you. The search will take time. :-)

T.
CorneRinaldi

Post by CorneRinaldi »

I am so excited as after 2 years of searching I finally had some breakthrough again.

The marriage certificate I posted is the correct one with the surname for Biaggio as Di Nallo. I found a newspaper clipping in Scotland of Biaggio & Benedetta and in the article it states there surname as Di Nallo also known as Rinaldi.

So I now know that Biaggio's parents were Angelo Di Nallo & Colomba Pacitto and Benedetta's parents were Francesco La Marra and Caterina Lanni.

Any ideas where I can get birth information for anyone above. Also where could I search for the reason/origin of name change from Di Nallo to Rinaldi.
Jim Connor

Post by Jim Connor »

I am convinced Biaggio Rinaldi is my great grandfather. My grandmothers maiden ame was Rimilia Rinaldi born in Cambuslang 1893.