Costabile family descendants

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marleneturati

Costabile family descendants

Post by marleneturati »

I have reached a dead end.... all I have are photographs with names and oral history;
but I found someone in FamilySearch working on their family tree with user ID ccostabile96928
and they had my nonna's information... so I know someone is out there looking form me

I am looking for my grandmother's family CARMELA COSTABILE (1914-2009) from Calabria, Cosenza.
My Nonna married Luis Eduardo Granata and immigrated to Argentina in 1958 but her siblings remained in the small town; family visited in 1982, and they were still there...
when I was a child, my grandmother told me her parents were ANTONIO COSTABILE and MARIA DE SANTIS and they would of been born in Reggio Calabria 1870-1880? but I have not been able to locate one piece of information on them to help me further....

brother GASPARE COSTABILE
born approx 1906, married to Maria Ruffolo, had two daughters, Gilda (1937) and Carmelina (1941)

sister CONCCETTA COSTABILE
born approx 1909, married Constantino, have information on one daughter named Giuseppina (around 1930s), and she in turn had at least one daughter Mirella (1950s) who married Carlo

sister VINCENZA COSTABILE
born approx 1907, married Eugenio (zio peppino), had at least one son named Alberto (1940s), he has at least three children, Franca, Eugenio and Vincenzina (all appear to have been born 1960s)

sister TERESSINA COSTABILE
born approx 1911 and died in 1950s

It appears the only son, Gaspare, had daughters, so the name died there... and it has been very difficult to find anything on them

any information can be posted here... or email turatimarlene@yahoo.com
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Costabile family descendants

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website are you sure they didn't come from town of Castrolibero,province of Cosenza?
Try this email request

e-mail: demografici@comune.castrolibero.cs.it
Demografici
Comune di Castrolibero
Via XX Settembre
87040 Castrolibero (CS)
Italy

Responsabile: Pasqualino De Vuono

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Carmela Costabile

Gentilissima Signora,Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Castrolibero . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognomen: Carmela Costabile
Nome e cognome del padre: Antonio Costabile
Nome e cognome della madre: Maria De Santis
Luogo di nascita: Castrolibero
Data di nascita: 19 agosto 1914
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
marleneturati

Post by marleneturati »

thank you very much... I will try this :-)
I have tried many things, and written to many places, just don't know the right place in Italy.. but yes, my nonna used to say she was born in Castrolibero Reggio Calabria, my nonno was from Spezzano della sila Celico, they got married 1933 and lived in cosenza, with all the siblings, until their home was taken over by german nazi during WWII, but after the war, they all remained in the small town
I will try this email contact. thank you
marleneturati

Post by marleneturati »

Marty... wait.. where did you get my nonna's birthdate?? that is the correct birthdate