Cerruti family in Campagna, Salerno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Cerruti family in Campagna, Salerno

Post by michelecrescenzo »

I am looking for any information about this family. My great-grandmother was Maria Domenica Cerruti, born about 1874. I believe I have exhausted the indexed databases, and I do not see other online records from Campagna.

I would love to know if online records are available, whether they are indexed or not.

Thanks,

Michele
Researching surnames Capaccio and Cerruti in Campagna, Salerno; surnames Crescenzo and Ferullo (unknown locations); surnames Nocito and Torrano in Cosenza; surnames Crescenzo and Pinto in Casalicchio (Casal Velino), Salerno.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Cerruti family in Campagna, Salerno

Post by adelfio »

Are you sure she was from Campagna?
Is that her maiden name if so what is her married name?
Do you know her parents names?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Cerruti is her maiden name. She married Raffaele Capaccio when she came to the US, in Newark, New Jersey. He is definitely from Campagna; I am not sure about Maria Domenica. I do not know her parents' names.

Thank you.
Researching surnames Capaccio and Cerruti in Campagna, Salerno; surnames Crescenzo and Ferullo (unknown locations); surnames Nocito and Torrano in Cosenza; surnames Crescenzo and Pinto in Casalicchio (Casal Velino), Salerno.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi by this 1900 census ( if it is abt right family), Domenica seeming born abt in 1876....

Rominico Capaccia

United States Census, 1900

Name Rominico Capaccia
Event Type Census
Event Year 1900
Event Place Hammonton town, Atlantic, New Jersey, United States
Gender Female
Age 24
Marital Status Married
Race White
Race (Original) W
Relationship to Head of Household Wife
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Wife
Number of Living Children 2
Years Married 4
Birth Date Oct 1876
Birthplace Italy
Marriage Year (Estimated) 1896
Immigration Year 1896
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Birthplace Italy
Mother of how many children 2

Household

Role

Birthplace

Raphel Capaccia Head M 41 Italy
Rominico Capaccia Wife F 24 Italy
Mihle Capaccia Son M 3 New Jersey
Pasquallic Capaccia Son M 3 New Jersey

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you so much. I do have US Census information on her until her death in 1960, so I am mainly looking for Italian records on the Cerruti or Capaccio families.

Michele
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I see on the 1900 census her fathers name was Michele Cerruti born 1845 saw your tree on ancestry how did you get your info?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

I got most of my tree info from search ancestry and familysearch. I also find info in other members' trees, but it's not always reliable.

I had forgotten about Michele from the 1900 census, though. Their first son was named Michele, so I assumed her father's name was Pasquale, the name of the second son. I know I shouldn't assume this, though.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

According to the marriage record Raffaele Capaccio was born 1859 Jan 31
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1589502

From the Salerno Archive list of leva
Nome: Angelo Raffaele Capaccio fathers name was Sabato Capaccio
Birth year: 1859

Comune di nascita: Campagna

Full text: Capaccio Angelo Raffaele di Sabato e Corvino Faustina nato il 1\31\1859 a Campagna di professione bracciale

PG LINK
http://www.archiviodistatosalerno.benic ... /leva/9360

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Possible brother of Domenica Cerruti
Only Michele Cerruti listed as father in Salerno archive

Nome: Giovanni Cerruti

Year of birth: 1866

Town of birth: Albanella

Full text: Cerruti Giovanni son of Michele Cerruti and Felicia Impembo nato il 2\19\1866 a Albanella di professione colono

Marty

Marty
michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Grazie, signore! These State Archives are exactly what I was looking for.

Do you know if there a list of them somewhere? Every branch of my family as far back as I can go is from Italy, so I will need to search various locations.

Many thanks,
Michele Crescenzo
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What towns? What people?
Heres some info
http://www.italygen.com/vitalrecords/index.php
Marty

Marty
michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Probably too many to list, and I'm still trying to find out the names of towns.

I have Ferdinando Nocito from Cosenza (possible towns are Spezzano Albanese, Rogiano, and Roggiano Gravina. He may he have been in the carabinieri; his family was supposedly prominent and owned olive and fig groves. But without the town name I don't think there is more I can do.

To complicate this, he married Rosina Torano, (also from Cosenza) and a) I have no idea how to spell her name, and b) I think her mother was unmarried so father may be unknown. She was raised by an aunt, whose name may have been Sbarra. Too many unknowns for this one! (I do have all the U.S. info on them, though.)

Anyway, thanks to you I have a better idea of where to find databases.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi,
I found Ferdinando Nociti born in Spezzano Albanese on 22 Jan. 1877 #19 son of Eduardo Nociti 33 old, proprietor, and of Maria Lucrezia Barbato.
Ferdinando married in Spezzano Albanese at Rosina Campilongo (b. 1th May 1893 Spezzano Albanese https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043557)
on 14 may 1914
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043557

it is the right person that you are searching for?
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
michelecrescenzo
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you, suanj. I am beginning to think I am looking at the wrong towns in Cosenza. Ferdinando was one of very few in my family who could read and write, so maybe he is less likely to have an error with his name. He always signed "Nocito," not Nociti.

I find many Nociti in this database, but no Nocito. (Also I think he was born around 1875.)

I think I will give up on Ferdinando for a while and try another branch of my family. Thank you again.

Michele
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Is this your Ferdinando Nocito U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
PG LINK
http://interactive.ancestry.com/6482/00 ... dit/record

Marty

Marty