Famiglietti, Alfonso Birth #120

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Famiglietti, Alfonso Birth #120

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Famiglietti, Alfonso Birth #120

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Dolores

Record No 120 is for Marciano Famiglietti, second born twin of Alfonso:

Birth No 120: Marciano Famiglietti (Secondo nato – Second Born (twin))
Registered 29 October 1874, 9 am, Frigento.
Alfonso Famiglietti, son of Marciano, 33, possidente (landowner), living Frigento, presented a male baby, born 26 October at 2.30 pm, to his wife Mariangiola Mignone daughter of the late Giuseppe, at their home at Via del Duomo, which son was given the name Marciano.

Witnesses: Nicolangelo Melchionna son of the late Francesco, 35yo and Nunzio Cocchiola, son of the late Giuseppe, 46yo, both possidente, living in Frigento.

Birth No 119: Giuseppe Remigio Famiglietti (Primo Nato – Born First (twin))
Registered 29 October 1874, 9 am, Frigento
Alfonso Famiglietti, so of Marciano, 33yo, possidente, living Frigento, presented a male baby, born, 26 October 1874, 2 pm, to his wife Mariangiola Mignone, daughter of the late Giuseppe, at their home in Via del Duomo, which child was given the name Giuseppe Remigio.

Same witnesses.

A double blessing.
Angela :D
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

So that's what Secondo Nato means! This is the first time I have seen that. Thank you so much, Angela! :)
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:So that's what Secondo Nato means! This is the first time I have seen that. Thank you so much, Angela! :)
You are very welcome, Dolores. Different towns seem to record twins (gemelli) differently. There is (mostly) always two separate Acts, although at least twice I have seen twins recorded on the same Act. I would suggest that this would be the exception rather than the rule. Often the child's name would just have the word "Gemello" (twin) written after it. I've just been having another look at my ancestor's birth record and both she and her twin sister have "Gemella" written after their names but I think they made an error. My understanding was that "Gemello" was male and female but I am not 100% sure on that one.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Gemello/gemelli is msculine and gemella/gemelle is feminine
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you, Angela and Livio.
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Angela, I don't know why I typed Alfonso instead of Marciano on Birth #120, thanks for picking that up!
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

liviomoreno wrote:Gemello/gemelli is msculine and gemella/gemelle is feminine
Wonderful, thank you for explaining this. It certainly makes sense to have separate gender words in Italian for the word twin. When I typed in "gemella" on google translate, it had another meaning. In my Italian dictionary, which is a good one, it only has "gemello" - twin. :)
dmurphy1940 wrote:Thank you, Angela and Livio.
Always happy to help, Dolores, and it's always reassuring to have knowledgeable backup too. :)
dmurphy1940 wrote:Angela, I don't know why I typed Alfonso instead of Marciano on Birth #120, thanks for picking that up!
I don't know why I type some of the things that I type sometimes either. It's a a mystery. I just think we are extra special Dolores. :wink:

dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

:)
Grazie,

Dolores