In Italy direct application?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
stacyann98

In Italy direct application?

Post by stacyann98 »

Has anyone used any reliable services for applying directly in Italy? I've seen Italy Mondo and a few others.
Italy Mondo seems to offer citizenship after completing 15days in Italy . Other places have said establishing residency in Italy takes approx. 45 days.

I have a 3rd company telling me I have to stay for an entire year (which i cannot do), the citizenship application process takes approx. one year and will need to be a resident in Italy while your application is processing.

so that's 3 different stays of time - any insight?
mler
Master
Master

Re: In Italy direct application?

Post by mler »

There is no way to determine how long it will take to establish legal residency. It very much depends on the comune. Once residency is established, you can apply; it is not necessary to wait a year. However, the processing time is also uncertain.

Since you have a very basic application and are not planning to actually reside in Italy, it seems to make sense to apply at the consulate. It may take longer, but unless you are contemplating a move to the EU, there is really no rush. Also, applying at the consulate eliminates the extra cost associated with hiring an intermediary.