Help with Locating 3rd Great Grandparents' Marriage Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
skooter555
Rookie
Rookie

Help with Locating 3rd Great Grandparents' Marriage Records

Post by skooter555 »

Hi,

Over the past couple years I have been having some difficulty locating the marriage records for two sets of my 3rd great grandparents, Giovambattista Tripoli & Cristina Mineo and also Domenico La Rosa & Rosa Bologna all from Bagheria (see below). I have been trying to locate these records so that I may be able to progress back another generation to my 4th great grandparents. All of the records that I have been able to gather thus far for Bagheria, I have gotten off of microfilms rented from the LDS family history library. One of the main issues that I have encountered is that the civil records, which normally go back to 1809, are for some reason not filmed from the years 1862 to 1866. Being as this gap of years is likely when my 3rd great grandparents would have been married, I turned to the next available option--church records for the province of Palermo. I have so far ordered two microfilms from the FHL that cover this range of years, however, they do not include the village of Bagheria on them but rather other towns from Palermo. I know that on the catalog listing on familysearch.org, it groups the church records of the province together, and does not specify the films on which certain villages' records can be found. Because of this, I am unsure which of the five or six films to order that are all stated to contain the records for the years 1863, 1864, and 1865.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction regarding which particular film(s) these records might be on or if anyone has ordered films in the past for this particular region. Because of this problem, I am considering possibly requesting these records by writing to Bagheria rather than guessing which films to order. I am not, however, certain whether records from this time frame would still be held at the local Comune level or would have been transferred to a central archive. I appreciate any insight that anyone might be able to provide.

{According to information that I have been able to glean from the digitized records that are currently online (1867 and onwards), Giovambattista Tripoli and Cristina Mineo would have likely been married in either 1862, 1863, or 1864. The basis of this approximation is that my great-great grandfather, Salvatore Tripoli was born on 17 April 1864 in Bagheria. This is the only child that I am aware of the couple having before Cristina's death on 7 March 1868. In the case of Domenico La Rosa and Rosa Bologna, I approximate their marriage as having taken place in either 1864 or 1865 as my great-great grandmother, Antonia La Rosa was born on 11 October 1865.}

Thank you,
Tyler Radtke
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help with Locating 3rd Great Grandparents' Marriage Records

Post by adelfio »

Ask Marcello D'aleo he a researcher from Bagheria leave him a pm on here or email him
email:marcellodaleo@tiscali.it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
skooter555
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with Locating 3rd Great Grandparents' Marriage Records

Post by skooter555 »

Thank you Marty. I will have to try this.

Tyler