Birth Records for John, Concetta, and Margurita Salerno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
stg991

Birth Records for John, Concetta, and Margurita Salerno

Post by stg991 »

I am trying to locate birth records for siblings John, Concetta, and Margurita Salerno. Father is listed as Emanuele Salerno for Concetta and Margurita. Mother is listed as Maria Incardona for John and Margurita. John was born in approximately 1877 with siblings Margurita born in 1882, and Concetta born in 1883. John's death certificate lists his father as Emanuel S. Gardner. They were possibly born in Termini Immerese.

thank you.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Records for John, Concetta, and Margurita Salerno

Post by adelfio »

Concetta Salerno was born in Termini Imerese 11/24/1883 to Emmanuele Salerno and Maria Incardona
Giovanni Salerno was born in Termini Imerese 6/3/1877 to Emmanuele Salerno and Maria Incardona
Luigi Salerno was born in Termini Imerese 8/28/1885 to Emmanuele Salerno and Maria Incardona
Margherita Salerno was born in Termini Imerese 4/29/1879 to Emmanuele Salerno and Maria Incardona

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Emmanuele Salerno and Maria Incardona
Index#80
1870 Mar 21st in the town of Termini Imerese appeared Emmanuele Salerno born 11/19/1844 in Santa Cristina section of Palermo son of deceased Luigi Salerno and Margherita Di Carlo married Maria Incardona born in Termini Imerese daughter of Antonino Incardona and Rosa Luparello

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
stg991

Post by stg991 »

Thank you so much. Little is known of my husband's family's Italian heritage. My children and their cousins are very interested in learning about their Italian ancestors, and I have been trying to help them piece it together. It has been very difficult since my father-in-law and his sisters have all died, and my husband and his sisters don't really know. We were able to find some information on Margherita and Concetta through Family Search and Ancestry. Both of them married, settled in Chicago, and died there. I never knew of Luigi or if he ever left Italy to come to the US. I appreciate your help. I will continue to search.

Sarah
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Luigi Salerno and Margherita Di Carlo
1839 Mar 3rd in Santa Cristina Palermo appeared Luigi Salerno son of Giuseppe Salerno and Rosalia Mantegna married Margherita Di Carlo daughter of Giuseppe Di Carlo and Antonia Zummo

Baby Luigi Salerno 3 months old died in Termini Imerese 1/4/1886 son of Emmanuele Salerno and Maria Incardona

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth extract of Emmanuele Salerno
Index#889
1844 Nov 20th in the town of Santa Cristina section of Palermo birth of Emmanuele Salerno son of Luigi Salerno age 40 and Margherita Di Carlo age 26 he was baptized Nov 22nd in the church of San Nicola

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613

Birth extract of Maria Incardona
Index#270
1842 June 7th in the town of Termini Imerese birth of Maria Incardona daughter of Antonino Incardona age 40 and Rosa Luparello age 30 baby was presented by Tomassa Amato age 50

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marriage publication of Emmanuele Salerno and Maria Incardona
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
stg991

Post by stg991 »

Thank you again. I can't describe the excitement of being able to have tangible evidence of a connection with the past. We've looked for so long and come up with nothing. I am not sure how the Gardner name come into being, but I am confident that we have found our family. This is truly a gift. Thank you again.

Sarah
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You are welcome glad to help I found something else Emmanuele Salerno married again after Maria Incardona age 50 daughter of Antonino Incardona and Rosa Luparello died in 9/22 1893 in the town of Termini Imerese
PG LINK TO RECORD

In 12/09/1902 in the town of Termini Imerese marriage of Emmanuele Salerno widower of Maria Incardona son of Luigi Salerno and Margherita Di Carlo married Angela Lupo (born 11/6/1865 in Termini Imerese) daughter of deceased Domenico Lupo and Maddalena Passafiume

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Antonino Incardona and Rosa Luparello (parents of Maria Incardona)
Index#66
1824 Nov 14th in the town of Termini Imerese marriage of Antonino Incardona son of parents unknown and Rosa Luparello daughter of Antonino Luparello and Giuseppa Mancuso

Marty

Marty
stg991

Post by stg991 »

Good morning,
I have come across a death certificate for a Rose Garofalo during my Ancestry research. Her birth date was give as abt. 1874. Rose's parents are listed as Emanuel Salerno and Marina Incordona. Could she have been a sibling of Giovanni, Concetta, and Margherita?

Sarah
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There was a Rosa Salerno born in Termini Imerese 07/17/1873 daughter of Filippo Neri and Marina Incordona but she died 8/5/1875 says on the death act Rosa Salerno age 2 daughter of Emmanuele Salerno and Marina Incordona but it says her father on the birth act was Filippo Neri

Was this Rose Garofalo (Salerno) the wife of Salvatore Garofalo

Marty

Marty
stg991

Post by stg991 »

According to the death certificate Salvatore Garofalo was the husband of Rose Garofalo and her father was Emanuel Salerno and mother Marina Incordona. The birthplace is just listed as Italy. I was curious because I found a Giovanni Salerno on a ship manifest that was going to visit his brother-in-law Salvatore ?Garofalo in Pennsylvania.
stg991

Post by stg991 »

I have done some more research. While the death certificate lists the date of birth as abt. 74. I have found another reference listing her age at death as about 74 and date of birth as abt. 1882.