Donati family

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
pomegranate59

Donati family

Post by pomegranate59 »

I'm doing some research on the Donati family in 15thc Florence, trying to discover more about Lucrezia Donati , of whom there seem to be little record beyond that she was the last daughter of Manno and Caterina, born in 1451? and the lover of Lorenzo Il Magnifico. I believe she had a sister called Costanza who married an Alfonso Pitti , but I have not been able to discover whether Lucrezia had other siblings and if so whom they married . Nor have I been able to discover if Lucrezia had more than one child (a son by her husband Niccolo Ardinghelli is recorded). Any information about her or her family in the Quattrocento would be much appreciated. Many thanks!
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Donati family

Post by erudita74 »

I suggest you search through googlebooks.com and use in the search engine "la famiglia di Lucrezia Donati nel quattrocento." Then you will get a list of books in which there is info about her.

From what I can tell by searching her name on google books, Lucrezia and Costanza were daughters of Manno Donati and his second wife, Caterina Bardi. Costanza was the older of the two sisters. There were also a lot of brothers and sisters from Manno's first marriage, but I don't see the name of the first wife or how many children he had with her.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Donati family

Post by erudita74 »

I found the following pdf link to the Donati family of Florence. It's difficult to follow, so you may need additional help in sorting through it. It may answer some of your questions though related to the family of Lucrezia Donati
Erudita

http://www.wandruszka-genealogie.eu/Ant ... Donati.pdf