Matteo Dotto & Maria Pavan translation needed

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Michael31
Master
Master

Matteo Dotto & Maria Pavan translation needed

Post by Michael31 »

Buon giorno Michael,

mi chiamo G. Dotto e ho delle informazioni su Matteo Dotto.

Matteo Dotto si sposa presso la chiesa di Sant'Agnese a Treviso con Maria Pavan, figlia di Pietro,il 30 Aprile 1806.Viveva nel colmello di Corona (Tv)poi divenuto di San Giuseppe con la costruzione dell'omonima chiesa nel 1815.Suo padre è Antonio detto Biso nato nello stesso posto il17 Novembre 1867 e sposato con Domenica De'Negri detta Radicchio nata nel 1770.(muore a Canizzano (Tv)il 9 Gennaio 1849).

Il padre di Antonio è Felice nato nel 1735 che sposa Elena Tronchin detta "Logato"e muore il20 Ottobre 1777.

Il padre di Felice si chiama Matteo enasce nel 1790 circa e sposa Maria (cognome sconosciuto)che mettono al mondo altri figli :

Paolo del 1720 che diventa sacerdote e diventerà parroco di S.Elena a Monigo(Tv)

Olivo del 1723 che è il mio antenato

Giuseppe del 1727 marito di Lorenza Pieretto

Nicolò del 1730 che diventa sacerdote e muore il 10 Agosto del 1808 a Venezia presso la chiesa dei santi Gervasio e Protasio.

Santo del quale non ho dati.

Nel 1727 suor Rosa Pichi fece costruire per la famiglia dei Dotto detti Bisi,un grande fabbricato rurale costituito da una casa detta"longa"ed una parte più elevata chiamta "palasso"oltre ai magazzini,stalle ed una piccola cappella per pregare.Man mano che i Dotto divenivano più numerosi ,si trasferivano in altri poderi vicini ma mantenevano stretti i loro rapporti di parentela.

Il nominativo " Biso"si riferisce al colore particolare degli occhi chiari dei Dotto.

Insieme vivevano altre famiglie dei Dotto chiamati Bisetti,non per la loro statura ma per la loro discendenza di un fratello più piccolo di età.

I Bisi detti " Grossi"o "Bison"prendevano il nome dalla loro corporatura grande.

Una parte dei Dotto ,nel 1878 ed anche dopo, si sono trasferiti in Brasile

e molti di loro sono i discendenti di Giuseppe nato nel 1804 ,figlio di Antonio il tuo antenato,che aveva sposato Regina Dotto detta Bisetto.

Spero di essere stato utile per le tue ricerche e rimango a disposizione per qualsiasi domanda sull'argomento.

Un cordiale saluto.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Matteo Dotto & Maria Pavan translation needed

Post by PippoM »

Good morning Michael,
my name is G. Dotto, and I have info about Matteo Dotto.
Matteo Dotto married Maria Pavan, daughter of Pietro, on Apr 30th, 1806 in Sant'Agnese's church in Treviso. He lived in a hamlet called Corona, that then was named "San Giuseppe", after the building (1815) of the church that goes by the same name. His father was Antonio, said "Biso", who was born in the same place on Nov 17th 1867 (I think this should be 1767), and married Domenica De Negri said "Radicchio" born in 1770 (died in Canizzano on Jan 9th, 1849)
Antonio's father was Felice, born 1735, who married Elena Tronchin said "Logato" and died Oct 20th, 1777.
Felice's father was Matteo; he was born 1790 (this should be 1690), married Maria (surname unknown) and had other children:
Paolo in 1720, who became a priest, and the rector of St. Elena a Monigo
Olivo in 1723, an ancestor of mine.
Giuseppe in 1727, husband of Lorenza Pieretto
Nicolò in 1730, who became a priest and died Aug 10th, 1808 in Venice near the church of Saints Gervasio and Protaso
Santo, about which I have no info.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

In 1727 Rosa Pichi, a nun, paid for a rural building for the Dotto's said Bisi; it was made up of a house calle "Longa", and a higher part called "Palasso", as well as a warehous, barns and a small chapel for their prayers. As the Dotto's grew in number, they went to live in other nearby farms, but they kept their family relationship.
The name "Biso" is referred to the special light colour of their eyes ("Bisi" are peas in dialect)
With them, also lived relatives called "Bisetti" (Little Bisi's), not because of their stature, but for being descendants of a younger brother.
The Bisi's said "Grossi" of "Bison" took on their name from their robustness.
Some of the Dotto's, in 1878 and later, went to Brazil, and a lot of them are descendants of Giuseppe (born 1804), son of Antonio, your ancestor, who had married Regina Dotto said "Bisetto".
I hope what I told you may be useful for your research; please feel free to ask anything about this matter
Kind Regards.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

Thank You