Giovanni Galli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Giovanni Galli

Post by Anizio »

Hi,

I have a bit of a puzzle on my hands that I need help with.

my ancestor Giovanni Galli died in 1912 in Rome. His parents are listed as Luigi Galli and Assunta Bianchi. And it says he was born in Rome circa 1838.

His wife was Assunta Santoni, born in Ancona. She died in Rome in 1907, and both her parents also died in Rome.

I cannot find their marriage, although it could be they were married in Rome before 1871.

The issue is I cannot find a single other child of Luigi Galli and Assunta Bianchi who was married or died in Rome.

I did however find one thing: Costantino Galli.
He died in Rome in 1923 and was never married. His parents are listed as Luigi Galli and Teresa Bianchi. But it says he was born circa 1852 in Milan.

So there are two parts I need help with. How can I find more about Giovanni Galli's siblings or parents when it seems he was lone.
But also, could Costantino be his brother? Could they have just made a mistake on Giovanni Galli's death combining his wife's name (Assunta) with his mothers (Bianchi)? If so why would the second brother be born 12 years later in Milan?

I really need help with Giovanni Galli, so any and all help is appreciated :/
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Galli

Post by Italysearcher »

He could also have married in Ancona!
If you have an address for the death you could determine the parish and write to the Vicariato for a marriage record. If the books are indexed they might find it, if they have to go page by page.......
It is possible they had only one child. If there were other pregnancies that were aborted you won't find any records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Giovanni Galli

Post by Anizio »

Both he and his wife died on vicolo Fienaroli, in Trastevere. The family has a history of living in Trastervere but doesn't that still leave many churches to choose from. How do I determine the Parish from that?
Worth a shot.

It makes sense for them to be married in Ancona, since the wife was born there, but those records are on family search.org (but not the index for some reason). So far I have not seen it there. I am pretty sure either way they were married before 1871 before I found the birth of a son in 1871 in Rome.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information