Need Help With a Couple of Bilello Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Need Help With a Couple of Bilello Records

Post by sacesta »

Today I found a couple of records that I believe relate to my 2nd great grandmother, Antonina Bilello.

The first is an Atto della Solenna Promessa which I believe announces the intentions of my 2nd great grandfather, Domenico La Rocca to marry his fiancé, Antonina Bilello. I could use help getting critical information from this record such as the expected date of the marriage and the names of the parents of the soon-to-be married couple. It appears that Antonina's mother's name is Maria Bilello? That especially seems odd to me.

The second record may be the civil birth and baptismal records for Antonina. I searched for this record based on the Antonina's age as stated in the Atto della Solenna Promessa. I'm not sure I have the correct record here though, as Antonina's parents names appear to differ from what is stated on the Atto della Solenna Promessa.

As always, your help is very much appreciated.

Steve

Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need Help With a Couple of Bilello Records

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Domenico La Rocca and Antonina Bilello
INDEX#15
1859 Oct 2nd in the town of Montevago appeared Domenico La Rocca age 25 born and resides in Montevago son of Libario La Rocco age 59 and Antonia Signato?? to marry Antonina Bilello age 19 born and resides in Montevago daughter of Francesco Bilello age 57 and Maria Bilello age 52

Birth record is not the same parents as the marriage record the birth record parents are Michele Bilello and Vita Crifasi

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Re: Need Help With a Couple of Bilello Records

Post by sacesta »

Thanks again Marty! It appeared to me that I had the wrong birth record. I'll have to do some more digging next week.
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.