Military Discharge

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Military Discharge

Post by sacesta »

Many years ago when my now late aunt discovered I had an interest in genealogy she mailed me a xeroxed copy of my grandfather's military discharge.

Rocco Aceste served with a regiment known as the Lancieri di Aosta 6°. According to my father, this was a cavalry unit.

Rocco served from 1913 until 1919, receiving his discharge in September 1919, just a few months after the signing of the Treaty at Versailles. Rocco would have worn the bronze medal pictured below, which his regiment earned for combat actions executed during the war. I wish I had his actual medal. The photo was lifted from the web.

I read in John Philip Colleta's book, Finding Italian Roots, that the discharge is actually a four page document. Apparently, I'm missing two pages. Can someone tell me which pages I'm missing, what information is to be found on them, whether it's worth pursuing a full copy and if so, where to write to obtain the document?

Always appreciative,

Steve

Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Military Discharge

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Re: Military Discharge

Post by sacesta »

Thanks! That answers my question. Looks like I got all of the pertinent data.
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.