Archivio di Cosenza payment method

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
eyesplice

Archivio di Cosenza payment method

Post by eyesplice »

I received a reply in Italian from Cosenza with payment instructions for photocopies. However, they mention that payment is through Bonifico Bancario to Banca d'Italia. Can anyone explain the method of payment they are requesting?
The text of the letter is:
L'importo totale di 4.80 dovrà essere pagato, esclusivamente, tramite Bonifico Bancario in euro su contabilità speciale in essere presso la Tesoreria del lo Stato ( Banca d'Italia ) Codice IBAN: IT 73 H0 10000 32 45 45 12 0000 28 00 oppure con il codice SWIFT: BITAITRRENT con la causale : Pagamento in favore dell'Archivio di Stato di Cosenza per servizio fotocopiatura conto terzi.

Thanks so much in advance.
Ed
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Archivio di Cosenza payment method

Post by Italysearcher »

You should be able to do it through your bank website. Not sure what they will charge you though.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
eyesplice

Post by eyesplice »

Ann: Thanks for your reply. I can make a bank wire transfer, but I am confused by the part of the letter which states that the fees are transmitted by the Bonifico Bancario. Not sure how that relates to the rest of the instructions, which seem to indicate that the fee is paid through the Banca d"Italia. When I set up the transfer, it gets rejected by my bank due to a problem with the IBAN number, apparently.
So I am hoping if someone can clarify the confusion I have between the Bonifico Bancario and the Banca d'Italia.

Thanks. Ed
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

If I understand what you mean, Bonifico Bancario is just a bank transfer.
Banca d' Italia is the bank that will receive the tranfer for the fee, on behalf of Archivio di Stato.
The one thing I'm almost sure of, is that the cost of transfer will be more than the fee itself.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Leave out the spaces in the IBAN number.
What you need is a freind in Italy who will do this fee payment on your behalf!
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
eyesplice

Post by eyesplice »

Thanks so much for your replies! Yes, the transfer cost is higher than the fee that the archive is requesting. Too bad I can't just drop a 5 Euro note in the mail. It would be so much simpler!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Email me privately, maybe I can help. italysearchATgmail.com
Ann Tatangelo