Alanno Paternal Lines

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Alanno Paternal Lines

Post by peonygirl »

Can you help to clarify this birth act? It is my grandmothers family line - most of whom are from Alanno. I found this birth act for her father, Gaetano.

link - http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Here is what I found so far:

Date - 1846
Name - Gaetano Colangelo
Reported by - Benianino G/Julianessi, age 29, farmer, residing in Alanno
Mother - ? Colangelo, farmer, legitimate wife of ? residing in Alanno
There is an extensive note in his record. From it I was able to get a few names, but have not yet discovered what it states. I was hoping for the ultra efficient way they put marriage records on the birth act, but I think this is not the case.
Names - Gaetano Julianette, Rosario Canale, and Virile Ruggieri
It also states that it was filed in 1872.

Hope I am getting better at these.
- Peonygirl
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Alanno Paternal Lines

Post by liviomoreno »

peonygirl wrote:Can you help to clarify this birth act? It is my grandmothers family line - most of whom are from Alanno. I found this birth act for her father, Gaetano.

link - http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Here is what I found so far:

Date - 1846
Name - Gaetano Julianetti
Reported by - Benianino Julianetti, age 29, farmer, residing in Alanno
Mother - Teresa Colangelo, farmer, legitimate wife of Benianino Julianetti residing in Alanno
There is an extensive note in his record. From it I was able to get a few names, but have not yet discovered what it states. I was hoping for the ultra efficient way they put marriage records on the birth act, but I think this is not the case.
On 16 Feb 1871 Gaetano Julianetti married Rosaria Canale

Hope I am getting better at these.
- Peonygirl
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

thank you, Livio. This tells me that it is the wrong record.
Interesting since the index lists his name as Gaetano Colangelo. Shouldn't it be listed as Gaetano Julianetti in the index if that who it is?

- PG
Attachments
index - colangelo, gaetano
index - colangelo, gaetano
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi there

With these records, you need to look at the date of birth in the index and followup on that. The Number 32 refers to the number of entry in the indices, and not to the number of the actual Record. So this should be the person you are looking for:

Birth Record No 105: Gaetano Colangelo
Alanno: 11 December 1846
Domenico Colangelo, 30yo, peasant farmer, living Alanno, presented a baby boy, and reported he was born to Anna Savina? Alberico?, his legitimate wife, 29 yo, peasant farmer living Alanno. Gaetano was born on the same day at 10 am and also baptised on 11 December 1846.http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Angela
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Thank you so much - I really was confused... :?
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

peonygirl wrote:Thank you so much - I really was confused... :?
:)

I understand. The indices can be confusing at times. They tend to swing a little bit too from year to year, as to how they are set out. It's great when they are set up by surname in alphabetical order, with both parents names included, and especially with the name of the Record Number, but as you have seen from this set of indices, it is not always the case. With a lot of my earlier records the indices are set out by “given” name, not surname, which isn't super helpful at times. The script also is a challenge in places. I tend to go through my records page by page and save a lot to refer back to. I find it is more efficient that way, and it often gives me a sense of what might have been happening in my town at that time. It also gives me oppportunities to see whether my ancestors have held office at the Town Hall etc.

Happy searching.
Angela
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

It really helps to understand - there are so many variables. I think the major skill we need is patience!
I've determined that the mothers name is Anna Saveria Alberio - she and Domenico had 4 children, Vincenzo (1837), Emidio (1842), Filomena (1844), and Gaetano (1846). Hopefully, that gives me 4x the chance of finding other relatives. Tomorrow the search continues..... :D
Many thanks - Peonygirl
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Hi there

With these records, you need to look at the date of birth in the index and followup on that. The Number 32 refers to the number of entry in the indices, and not to the number of the actual Record. So this should be the person you are looking for:

Birth Record No 105: Gaetano Colangelo
Alanno: 11 December 1846
Domenico Colangelo, 30yo, peasant farmer, living Alanno, presented a baby boy, and reported he was born to Anna Saveria Alberico, his legitimate wife, 29 yo, peasant farmer living Alanno. Gaetano was born on the same day at 10 am and also baptised on 11 December 1846.http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Angela
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

peonygirl wrote:It really helps to understand - there are so many variables. I think the major skill we need is patience!
I've determined that the mothers name is Anna Saveria Alberico - she and Domenico had 4 children, Vincenzo (1837), Emidio (1842), Filomena (1844), and Gaetano (1846). Hopefully, that gives me 4x the chance of finding other relatives. Tomorrow the search continues..... :D
Many thanks - Peonygirl
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Anna Saveria's given names are so much clearer in Emidio's birth record, and the second given name is definitely Saveria. I believe that the surname is Alberico, a name that appears in the town. Here are Emidio and Filomena's birth records. The given and surnames are much clearer in these.

Emidio No 35: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Filomena No 15:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I was just working on this myself, and Livio has just bet me to this post. Here it is anyway.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

peonygirl wrote:It really helps to understand - there are so many variables. I think the major skill we need is patience!
I've determined that the mothers name is Anna Saveria Alberico - she and Domenico had 4 children, Vincenzo (1837), Emidio (1842), Filomena (1844), and Gaetano (1846). Hopefully, that gives me 4x the chance of finding other relatives. Tomorrow the search continues..... :D
Many thanks - Peonygirl
Yes, patience is a very important skill in genealogy. I believe the most important thing though is to "never assume anything in genealogy". Always have a reliable source and don't move on (in a particular family unit/branch) until you do, take it slowly, carefully, make sure you dot your "i's" and cross your "t's" and enjoy the adventure.

Angela
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Thank you, LIvio and Angela. It is Anna Saveria Alberico. Much like indexing itself, we tend to see what the mind can grasp. I see that as an arbitrator - names that are familiar ring true to a person and so they assume it is that name, rather than what is typed and index accordingly. A fine line, but important in the end. Likewise, the assumption of family; I just encountered this in my maternal side. There was only one mention of a name in a U. S. record, but no proof that tied the two people together. It nearly killed me, but I removed 4 generations from the tree. I decided to make a note of the potential link, including the branch, in case some day it was discovered. Of course, who else will care! Yes, you are so right, I will keep this at the back of my mind.
many thanks - Peonygirl
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Thank you for the two links to the original birth records for Filomena and Emidio. BTW, I found Anna Saveria Alberico's death record - both in Italian and in English. I do love Familysearch!

Name: Anna Saveria Alberico
Event Type: Death
Event Date: 29 Mar 1896
Event Place: Alanno, Pescara, Italy
Birth Date:
Birth Year (Estimated): 1812
Birthplace: Alanno
Father's Name: Nicola Alberico
Mother's Name: Maria Assetta
Spouse's Name: Domenico Colangelo
Spouse's Gender: Male
Reference ID: 15
GS Film Number:
Digital Folder Number: 005447879
Image Number: 00012

Citing this Record:
"Italia, Pescara, Stato Civile (Archivio di Stato), 1809-1929," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QK1R-N74F : accessed 21 May 2016), Anna Saveria Alberico, 29 Mar 1896; citing Death, Alanno, Pescara, Italy, ref id 15, Archivio di Stato di Pescara (Pescara State Archives, Pescara). http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 2.jpg.html
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Thank you for your last two replies, here. Anna Saveria's death record here looks well indexed. I'll have a closer look at it later. (In the past, there have been a lot of errors in the indexing of the records, so be aware of that.)

Thought you might like her birth record as well:

Birth Record No 57: Anna Saveria Alberico
31 July 1812
Nicola Alberico, 30yo, Peasant Farmer, living in this town, reported that on the day indicated above (31 July 1812), at the hour 8 pm, was born in his own house, to him the declarant, and Maria Assetta, his legitimate wife, 26yo, a baby girl, who he presented and named Anna Saveria.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Marriage Record: Nicola Alberico and (Alba) Maria Assetta

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

This looks like the marriage record of Anna Saveria Alberico's parents. It takes you back another generation, so a little help towards the four generations you have lost:

Marriage Record No 13: Nicola Alberico and Alba Maria Assetta
Alanno: 8 August 1811, 2 pm
Groom: Nicola Alberico, 31, contadino, living Alanno, son of Carmine, who gives his consent, and deceased Cloriala??? Assetta

Bride: Alba Maria Assetta, 27, contadina, living in this town, daughter of Silvestro, who gave his consent, and of Domenica de Nardi???, who also gave consent.

Banns were posted 30 June and 7 July 1811.

Angela