Alanno Paternal Lines Genealogy Question

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Alanno Paternal Lines Genealogy Question

Post by peonygirl »

I am looking for the death act of Silvestro Squarserio, b 1813, in Alanno. There is a whole thread to this in the thread on translations, Alanno Paternal Lines. My quest is to find Silvestro, and his daughter Maria Cristina, b 1851, also in Alanno. I have searched through the marriage act for Maria and found that Silvestro and his wife, Anna Rosaria Odoardi were both deceased at that time, 1879. That leaves a small window of time 1851 – 1879. I’ve searched the 1861 – 1922 Morte for Alanno. I found one death act that almost matches but not quite. The dates are off, and the parental names are not quite right.

The regional map has them in Abruzzo, with a scattering in Piedmont - http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... io&x=0&y=0

Can the name be spelled differently? Does it have meaning that can make the spelling change?
What comes next? Is there an online accessibility to church records? Perhaps there is an avenue I have not pursued…..? I am open to suggestions.

Many thanks - Peonygirl
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Alanno Paternal Lines Genealogy Question

Post by Italysearcher »

SOmetimes you have to accept that there just isn't a death record. Earthquakes, wars etc, took a toll on life and often bodies were nt found or identified. You need to see if that might have happened in your town.
You also need to see who made the declaration on the act you found. Was it the funeral people (becchino) or a relative? The funeral people may provide information about the parents based on hearsay. Also consider that the marriage record may have recorded 'fu' when the person was still alive. Church records for this area are not available on line.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Italysearcher - thanks for replying. I guess I don't want to give in and accept that the record may not be out there, but you are correct. It may not be available for many reasons. I will switch to other branches of the family ...
Peonygirl
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Did you check the town of Turrivalignani where Silvestro Squarserio was born for his death record
Birth record
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

peonygirl wrote:I am looking for the death act of Silvestro Squarserio, b 1813, in Alanno. There is a whole thread to this in the thread on translations, Alanno Paternal Lines. My quest is to find Silvestro, and his daughter Maria Cristina, b 1851, also in Alanno. I have searched through the marriage act for Maria and found that Silvestro and his wife, Anna Rosaria Odoardi were both deceased at that time, 1879. That leaves a small window of time 1851 – 1879. I’ve searched the 1861 – 1922 Morte for Alanno. I found one death act that almost matches but not quite. The dates are off, and the parental names are not quite right.

Just to set things straight here, I've had another look at the marriage act mentioned here and it is misleading the way it is worded. It reads as though Anna Rosaria had also died, but she hadn't, only Silvestro was deceased. Maria Odoardi was still alive in 1879. She didn't die until 1893:

“1893” Death Record of Anna Rosaria Odoardi, widow of Silvestro Squarserio:
Parents: Antonio and Maria Chiulli
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 2.jpg.html

Angela
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Hi. Thanks, Marty. After looking thoroughly through Alanno, I realized that Silvestro was born in Turrivalignani. So I have dug into that town, working backwards, 1879 – 1851. There were a few Squarserios, but not Silvestro.

While in Turrivalignani, I did find Raffaele Iezzi there, who died in 1873. He was 4 months old, son of Rocco Iezzi and Maria Nicola d’Angelo. And I noticed that Emidio D'Angelo, another ancestor, was an official. But no Silvestro.

AngelaGrace, yes, I had Anna Rosaria Odoardi death date as 1893. Silvestro's parents, Domenico and Nicola are complete. HIs wife's family is complete. Only he and his daughter, Maria Cristina Squarserio remain to be completed by the death date to "close" that family unit. I'm sure I will find it eventually or just be happy to have his name and birth date and move forward - :) Peonygirl
Peonygirl
Always Searching....