Battitori Marchiori Buffi Bellini Sauda Matelli Leonardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KansasCara

Battitori Marchiori Buffi Bellini Sauda Matelli Leonardi

Post by KansasCara »

I am looking for information on the names of:
Battitori, Marchiori, Buffi, Bellini, Sauda, Matelli, Leonardi.They came from the Saone and Pinzolo villages in the Tione Di Trento region.

If would appreciate any information. My Great-Grandfather was Tullio Luigi Battitori from Saone, Italy (formerly Austria). He was born in July 1882 and was one of 11 children. He came to Kansas, USA in 1902 where he worked as a coal miner.

Thanks so much!
vj
Master
Master

Re: Battitori Marchiori Buffi Bellini Sauda Matelli Leonardi

Post by vj »

KansasCara,
From a previous post:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you be a little more specific? First names or estimated birth years are good..
This is a link to those with the Battitori's coming through Ellis Island.
Battitori and for Marchiori
Do you recognize any of the names?

Nuccia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KansasCara

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:34 pm Post subject: Re: Battitori or Marchiori family around Saone or Pinzolo
-----------------------------------------------
I actually have 12 generations worth of information dating back to the 1600's. I would really like to find pictures of the people and the towns.

Still looking for a living relative in Italy.

Thanks for your reply,
Cara

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need a few specifics for each family and need to know what you
already have so we don't duplicate your research so far.

Thanks!
vj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

KansasCara wrote:I am looking for information on the names of:
Battitori, Marchiori, Buffi, Bellini, Sauda, Matelli, Leonardi.They came from the Saone and Pinzolo villages in the Tione Di Trento region.

If would appreciate any information. My Great-Grandfather was Tullio Luigi Battitori from Saone, Italy (formerly Austria). He was born in July 1882 and was one of 11 children. He came to Kansas, USA in 1902 where he worked as a coal miner.

Thanks so much!
KansasCara: you already have the ship's manifest of Tullio? because here are a possible Julio/Tulio Battitori in travel with Margherita BUFFI...
here are some other Battitori ( mistaken Battilori)from Saone:

3. Eduardo Battilori Saone, Italy 1920 15
4. Giuseppe Battilori Saone, Italy 1920 3
5. Margherita Battilori Saone, Italy 1920 42

In both this ship's manifest are mentioned
Frank Buffi, and Giuseppe Marchiori Major... perhaps could be interesting for you.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
KansasCara

Post by KansasCara »

Thanks so much for your response.

I actually have the Battitori information all the way back to Taddeo Battitori in the early 1600's. My children are the 12th generation of the Battitori family. My Great Grandfather Tullio Luigi Battitori was one of 11 children. Tullio's brothers and sisters married into the other families and I am trying to locate the information on the remaining names and piece it all together.

I'll try to post another subject and be more specific on what I am looking for.

Thanks again!
ecerano

Post by ecerano »

I am not really sure how this works but my father Alessandro Cerana was born in Saone Italy on May 7, 1911. His mother was Angellina Fusari Cerano and his Father was Emil Cerana. My father's first cousin was Marietta (not sure of her maden name) but she married and had a son Falici Buffi, He and his wife Perina had two children Fausto Buffi and Mariella Buffi. I think Perina's maden name might be Marchiori. She still lives in Saone or near by in a retirement home. Fausto lives in Saone. Mariella Buffi lives with her husband and children somewhere close to Germany. She is on Facebook.

I live in White Lake Michigan USA.
ecerano

Post by ecerano »

I am also looking for historical information about Emil Cerana. My father, Alessandro Cerano came to the USA in 1920 with his mother, Angelina Fusari Cerana, His father, Sister Assesandra and brother Renaldo.

Emil worked in the coal mines in Pennsylvania and would return to Italy every few years. He brought the whole family to Pennsylvania. Emil died in PA and the family moved to Detroit. This is where he met and married my mother Elizabeth Baccoli Cerana. Her mother and father came from Ladrone, Italy approximatly 30km from Saone.

My maternal grand parents were Carman Baccoil and Barbarina Baiduzi.
john k

Post by john k »

I noticed your post from last year. My family is Marchiori-Battitori from Saone. My great grandfather Luigi married Letizia Battitori. They came from Saone in 1902. The lived in walsenburg Colorado on a cattle ranch. I am looking for possible relatives as well as any family history. I talked to an aunt who said they had realtives on the Battitori side who used to come visit when she was little. My email is ***.***.*** if you would like to contact me.
ecerano

Post by ecerano »

My father Alesandro Cerana was born in Saone Italy in 1911. He married Elizabeth Baccoli in 1938. The last name was changed from Cerana to Cerano some time in the 1920s. They had four children, Diane Cerano Higgins, Daniel Cerano James Cerano and me Elmer Cerano.

Are we related and do I have additional relatives in the United States.
ecerano

Post by ecerano »

My father Alesandro Cerana was born in Saone Italy in 1911. He married Elizabeth Baccoli in 1938. The last name was changed from Cerana to Cerano some time in the 1920s. They had four children, Diane Cerano Higgins, Daniel Cerano James Cerano and me Elmer Cerano.

Are we related and do I have additional relatives in the United States.

There are still Buffi living in Saone. Mariella Buffi is on face book.she has a brother Fausto Buffi in Saone and her mother Pirenna Marchiori Buffi still lives in or around Saone.

Mariella has two daughters and lives in Bledgio (I think). Fausto still lives with his wife and son in the same house that his grand mother Marietta Fusari lived. Marietta's son Falicci Buffi married Pierenna. Falicci died in the early 2000.

My email is ecerano@aol.com. Phone 586 940-0368
ecerano

Post by ecerano »

Just got an email from Mariella Buffi from Saone. She said that her mother Periena Marchiori Buffi remembers Battitori and Marchiori immigrating from Saone to Pennsylvania.

The other names in my family are Emilio Cerana married Angelina Fusari (paternal grandmother). My mother's family was from Ladrone . Carmene Baccoil married Barbarina Balduzzi.
Mediaproslaw

Post by Mediaproslaw »

Ok, I am new to this. I believe that my grandfather, Michele Marchiori, is a brother of Luigi Marchiori, and that they both came to Walsenburg, Colorado, in 1902 from Saone, Italy. I am assuming that my grandmother, Emma Battitori Marchiori might be related to Letizia Battitori, but I am not sure how. I have traveled to Saone, Italy, in the last few years and remember seeing most of these surnames in the cemetery in Saone. I do have a family tree prepared by a second cousin's wife (Marchiori) ÿwho lived in Saone until maybe 20 years ago, and now lives in Costa Rica. I will study it if anyone is interested. My main reason for being here is to try to determine if my grandmother, Emma, was still an Italian citizen when my mom was born in 1912. Records for These details are difficult to locate, and I am just beginning to try to answer this question. If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate the input.
Fayt

Post by Fayt »

Have you checked the naturalization records at the courthouse where your grandmother lived?
My grandparents were Achille Marchiori and Carolina Marchiori (maiden name) from Saone. Achille (parents Prospero Marchiori & Pasqua Buffi) immigrated with others from Saone (Battitori) in 1903 to Elk County, PA to work in the coal mines. I live in the same area today. Carolina (parents Carlo Marchiori & Domenica Scalfi Marchiori) immigrated in 1912 to marry Achille. I have knowledge of relatives still in Saone from the 1970. I would love to hear from you if you may have ties to Achille and Carolina. Achilles brothers and one sister also immigrated.
Hope you all have heard from the book A Courageous People From The Dolomites. Many Trentino who had immigrated to US in the early 1900's are named in the book. the entire book is available online. Just Google the title.