No parents named on death record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ms_mary58
Rookie
Rookie

No parents named on death record

Post by ms_mary58 »

I do not see parents named on the death record of Maria Pallotta (attached), only that she was the widow of Marcellino d'Orsi. Does that possibly indicate that she might have been born elsewhere?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VotM
Elite
Elite

Re: No parents named on death record

Post by VotM »

I have seen records like this where one or both parents were omitted. In such cases the deceased was very old, and it is likely those who reported the death did not know one of both of the deceased parents' names.

If the records for that comune extend back far enough, the next step would be to look for a marriage record for Marcellino D'Orsi and Maria Pallotta.
Latest LDS "road map" post for Gioiosa Marea, Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea at
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 3?#p260342
ms_mary58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ms_mary58 »

Thank you. I will soon be ordering records from LDS to investigate further.
Jean Galata
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jean Galata »

If you can't find their marriage record, you might want to check the "Book of the Dead" record for the local church. Many times they offer more information about the deceased. Also marriage processti records for her children often include birth records of the child which sometime include he name of a grandparent after the parent's name.
Jean Galata
ms_mary58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ms_mary58 »

Thank you so much for responding.