Translation on marriage of Giueppe Failla and Maria Prestianni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Athena
Elite
Elite

Translation on marriage of Giueppe Failla and Maria Prestianni

Post by Athena »

page 1613 #12 at the bottom to the next page,if someone can tell me what is says.

I see some names that might be in my tree like Damiana Gulino, which is my 2nd great-grandmother.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translation on marriage of Giueppe Failla and Maria Prestianni

Post by erudita74 »

The record is dated Sept 22, 1908 in the town hall of Castelbuono. Appearing was 27 year old Giuseppe Failla, the son of deceased Lorenzo (Failla). He was presenting a certificate to the official there from a marriage that had taken place in New York, in the Church of the Immaculate Conception, on Nov 17, 1907. The marriage had been performed, according to the rite of the Catholic Church, by the parish priest there whose name was Rev Father Giuseppe A DeMarco. Witnesses were Michele Conoscenti and Giovanni Coco. According to the NY certificate though, the groom was Giuseppe Failla, son of deceased Pietro Failla (not deceased Lorenzo Failla) and Domenica Prestianni. The bride was Maria Prestianni, the daughter of Giovanantonio? (Prestiani) and Damiana Gulino. Anyway, the Giuseppe Failla who appeared at the town hall requested that the NY certificate be transcribed into the registers of the town of Castelbuono.

Erudita
Athena
Elite
Elite

Post by Athena »

Thank you again!

I'm wondering if Guiseppe Failla and Maria Prestianni are cousins.
Domenica Prestianni could be the sister of Gioachino Prestianni, or even cousins. As I have not been able to find anything on Domenica.

Does this have witnesses?
Athena
Elite
Elite

Post by Athena »

Voted the witness part.
Athena
Elite
Elite

Post by Athena »

Again Thank you for all your help.

Guiseppe Failla and Marie Prestianni are my great-grandparents.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Happy to help. Erudita