Marriage translation Request

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rp76226
Master
Master

Marriage translation Request

Post by rp76226 »

This marriage record (# 71) covers four pages. I can translate most of the first page, but am having trouble with the other pages. Here are the links:

Page 1 - http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Pages 2 and 3
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Page 4
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Ron
jestes
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Marriage translation Request

Post by jestes »

Straddling pages 2 and 3 ("Primo," "Secondo," "Terzo," etc.) is a list of the paperwork they submitted to get married: Birth records of the spouses, death of groom's father, death of groom's paternal grandfather, death of bride's mother, etc.

If you were a little luckier you could look under "Matrimoni, processetti" for that year (at the same Antenati site) and see all those, but I see they only have processetti for 1821 for that town.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

That would be great information to have. So what you are saying is that it only tells me what paperwork they submitted, but not the information on that paperwork. Correct? Not even the names of those relatives are given, correct?

Was there anything of value on page 4?
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

"Primo = Nell'atto di nascita dello sposo nato in Racalmuto nel dì trentuno gennaio milleottocentoventicinque (31.01.1825)
Secondo = Nell'atto di nascita della sposa nata in Racalmuto nel dì ventisei maggio milleottocentododici (26.05.1812)
Terzo = Nell'atto di morte del padre dello sposo morto in Racalmuto nel dì otto agosto milleottocentocinquantatre (08.08.1853)
Quarto = Nell'atto di morte di Giuseppe di Puma avo paterno dello sposo morto in Racalmuto nel dì ventisei maggio milleottocentotredici (26.05.1813)
Quinto = Nell'atto di morte della madre della sposa morta in Racalmuto nel dì cinque febbraio milleottocentotrentatre (05.02.1833)
Sesto = Nell'atto di morte di Giuseppe Tirone(?) primo marito della sposa morto in Racalmuto nel dì diciotto agosto milleottocentocinquanta (18.08.1850) dal quale si vede sciolto il matrimonio da più di dieci mesi
Settimo = Nell'atto di notificazione fatto come sopra alla quale non è intervenuta opposizione alcuna
I sudetti documenti trovansi conservati nel volume di essi dal foglio 509 al foglio 516."
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

If I understand this correctly:

Primo = the birth of the bridegroom in Racalmuto on January 31, 1825.
Secondo = the birth of the bride on May 26, 1812 in Racalmuto
Terzo = the death of the father of the groom on August 8, 1853 in Racalmuto (no name, but should be on page 1).
Quatro = the death of the grandfather of the groom, Giuseppe Puma, in Racalmuto on May 26, 1813.
Quinto = the death of the bride's mother in Racalmuto on May 2, 1833 (no name, but should be on page 1)
Sesto = the death of the bride's first husband, Giuseppe Tirone, in Racalmuto on August 18, 1850. Confirmation that the marriage ended more than 10 months ago?
Settimo = no opposition to the marriage was recorded as noted on sheets 509-516.