Any information on my ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kate

Post by kate »

Hi i am after any information at all on my family.
<BR>My great grandfather was Nicola Massaro,he married Antoinetta and they had a son ( my grandfather) Antonio.
<BR>He married Maria Ferola and they had three children.
<BR>They moved to Australia in the mid 50\'s and have been here ever since.
<BR>They lived in SanMarco in Lamis, Foggia, Puglia.
<BR>My grandfather has no siblings but has a cousin who is still alive in San marco.
<BR>My grandfather is now 83 years old, he was born in 1920.My g/grandfather died in Foggia in the 70\'s and my G/Grandmother diea approx 60\'s.This is all the info that i have as they are too old and find it difficult to recall much information.
<BR>I think the church they married in was Saint Michaels :-?
<BR>My g/grandfather was born in 1894 and my g/grandmother was born in 1895.I hope that someone can help me as i am doing my family tree and want to go as far back as possible.
ciao for now
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

all civil records in Southern Italy go back to 1803 and prior to that you must rely on church records. Since you know the year of birth of your Ggreatparents and full names you should have no problem in qrfequesting their birth records and then you can also request a Certificato di Famiglia for his father or her father which will give you their immediate family by name, and covers births deaths and marriages. Form letters in Italian can be obtained from www.circolocalabrese.org/resopurces/letters/index.asp and the adddress is Ufficio di Stato Civile. Comune di San Marco in Lamis, Provincia Foggia, Puglia region, Italy. Send a self addressed envelope and $5.00 EURO or whatever you use in OZ for stamp money or coupons. International bank checks cost too much and they don\'t accept money orders or checks. The service is actually free but it is recommended that you send some money. I will give the postal code separately as I can\';t go get it now because I will lose this writing. If you don\';t want to go thru this you can go to the nearest Family History Library of the Mormon church and rent the microfilm for the civil records for San Marco Lamis and search out this information there since all of Italy civil records have been microfilmed. Your choice. Peter
kate

Post by kate »

Thankyou for that helpful information,it will be a great help.
<BR>How do i get the church records if i want to go back further than 1803??
<BR>Kate.
<BR>
ciao for now
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You have to request the particular church in the topwn to conduct a research and if there are more than one church you will have to write to all of them and then a suggested donation of $15.00 per search is recommended by the Mormon people. BUT... you are at the mercy of whatever priest is there and if he is not inclined to look your out of luck. Let me knoiw what you want to do. Peter
kate

Post by kate »

That sounds great,but who do i send the donation to?I wil do that,i think i can get the name of a church in which my grandparents were married.
<BR>Can you tell me how to get in touch as i do not speak any Italian.
<BR>thankyou ,Kate.
<BR> :-D
ciao for now
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are several churches in San Marco in Lamis (7) and if you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert \"parrocchia\" in first line and San Marco in Lamis in third line and click cerca for listing by name,address and telephone number as well as some with names of priests. You may wish to write in Italian or modify an italian form letter from www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp addrssed to civil authorities to the church. You can ask them what donation is suggested but Mormon church says $15.00 per search. Peter
kate

Post by kate »

Thankyou for that information,this is turning out easier than i expected.
<BR>I will get the name of the church in which my Grandparents were married in and then i will take it from there.
<BR>I will send a letter in Italian along with a donation and hopefully they can help me.
<BR>Thanks again,Kate. :-D
ciao for now
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I wonder why it turned out to be easier than expected?????????Peter
kate

Post by kate »

It is easier than expected because it was diffucult for me , not being able to speak italian and the fact that you are able to give so much helpful information as every other website that i tried turned up nothing,and wasnt as helpful as you are.I have been trying to get a start on this for over a year now and havent had much luck.
<BR>I really appreciate all you can do for me.
<BR>My grandparents will be so happy as they want to see this completed asap,as they are really old and are very interested to see the family tree before they die.
<BR>So thankyou again from myself and from my grandparents.
<BR>I will keep in touch to let you know on my progress,and if i have anymore questions.
<BR>Kate. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-)
ciao for now
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

gee; free to get bacl top me at any time. Peter
kate

Post by kate »

hello,just letting you know that i got hold of all the microfilm numbers for San Marco,and on the weekend i will go to the library and check it out.
<BR>you have been very helpful,i really appreciate it,thankyou.
<BR>Kate. :-P
ciao for now
kate

Post by kate »

Hello Kate here,i cannot seem to get on the websiye circocalabrese.org to write another letter,this page cannot be displayed,can you please tell me what the new address is.
Thankyou,Kate.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The website is working fin now...www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp. Peter NYC
kate

Post by kate »

Hello again,i still cannot get in to that website circocalabrese.
It tells me the website address is not correct,this is frustrating to no end,i hope it is not my computer,the page still cannot be dispalyed.
Sorry for the pestering,Kate.
ciao for now
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »